Lumia 920 camera fails on cyan OS after the update.... NEEEEED HELPPP !!!

mubbee naeem

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920. Three days back i updated from windows 8 black to cyan. I was really happy until i open the camera app. The camera crashes all the time. Whenever i open it a black screen appears and return back to start screen. Using Nokia camera app does the same thing except it shows a loading screen in black background and then crashes too. Any app that is somehow associated with the camera does not open. It crashes. Even the flashlight. I uninstalled every app that uses the camera but nothing good happens. I did a soft reset and nothing happens. Camera still crashes. I did hard reset as well but problem persist. Even deleted all my data and after hard reset i started as a new fresh but once again my bad.
After searching and surfing, i installed Nokia recovery software tool in my laptop and flashed everything once again using this software but it doesn't worked that way either. Now I'm stuck with a phone that has 8.7 MP camera that doesn't work. I really need to fix this issue but i cant get anywhere. I love the cyan update very much especially the CORTANA but this update is bothering me very much. NEED HELPPPP !!!!!!!
Here is my device information :

carrier : Rogers Communication
software : windows phone 8.1
firmware revision number: 3051.50009.1424.0000
OS version : 8.10.12393.890
Hardware revise version : 6.0.0.0
chip SOC version : 8960
MAC address : C8-3D-97-A7-5B-E8
MEID :
IMS : not registered

Please help me :( ............... as soon as possible !!

mubbee naeem

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
you mean nokia software recovery tool, right ???
I tried to do that as well but it downloads the software and after finishing up it downloads it again. It dont proceeds to the installation process, :( ... And also the software version which it downloads is the software version that my lumia has currently on the phone...

mubbee naeem

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Use the Nokia recovery suit and restore back to wp8.0 and then update again

I tried to do that as well but it downloads the software and after finishing up it downloads it again. It dont proceeds to the installation process, :( ... And also the software version which it downloads is the software version that my lumia has currently on the phone...

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Yeah that's the one, why not run with it and see what happens? If your camera doesn't work now and you don't bother doing the recovery then you cant claim you have tried everything. I would bite the bullet and just get it done and see if it fixes it then if after that it does nothing still phone Nokia!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo