So is 24 for Facebook the most "metro" Facebook client?

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I have no problem with Facebook and Facebook beta from a functional standpoint... they just look so... boring.

I've come to appreciate style and design of software layouts through Windows Phone and the two major Facebook clients don't really seem to fit the metro theme of WP at all.

What's messed up is that Facebook on WP7 used to fit the design language of WP very nicely and now it just... doesn't...
www.INFOEK.cz_Facebook_Windows_Phone.jpg
Remember that? I miss that so much!!! I was mortified when I upgraded from my Focus Flash and got that boring, standard-lookin' Facebook client...

So I've been looking at other clients. JDB seems alright, Booklet is an okay iteration of Facebook Paper (though anyone who's used it on iPhone would say it's lost the beauty through the extreme lack of transitions) but the client I've found that fits WP better than any other is 24 for Facebook.

Unfortunately it's damn near abandoned, and the fabled "Simply Facebook" that's supposed to replace it has no ETA and no news since ages ago when it was announced.

Anyone know of any other metro styled Facebook clients?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You will be my hero if you tell me how I can use that client on WP8.1

Edit: I've been looking up how to get the old WP Facebook back since you mentioned it and I can't find it anywhere... Not even as much as a XAP installer.

Pretty sure someone over at XDA modded it slightly and uploaded an XAP there

ah here we go! Install it using the Deploy tool in the Windows Phone SDK.
[XAP]Facebook 2.7 Metro UI | Windows Phone 8 | XDA Forum

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss