Why all importance for US region??

vishj05

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I wonder why MS always showers importance to US region only where it has least share in smartphones.
There are several features which are there in US but not in India.

Don't want to get started with Cortana.. I wonder in which WP version this will make it to India in beta..

But there are several other small things that were part of WP since WP 7.5 but still hasn't made to India.
say for example Local scout. This is very simple feature that comes very handy at times but still not available for India. If you change your region to US, it works pretty well So why is that this is not included for India.

Same for Xbox Music app. No support for India.
We don't have artist background while playing music. All we get is plain brown background.

If MS is really interested in increasing its market share, they really have to think out of US first where actually they have greater market share. For that matter they could have started with getting Cortana in Europe or India where they have some market share

Time to think!!!

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
That's because Ms is American company.nd only in USA people buy high end phones.there only money is there.but in India majority buy only low or mid end when it comes to wp.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft have chosen India to be one of the few countries to benefit from Cortana Alpha, so things are improving. Also, if you follow WPCentral, you'll see that there's a large amount of great apps being created for the Indian market - personally, I really wish that the UK had as much official apps being made for us too.

vishj05

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft have chosen India to be one of the few countries to benefit from Cortana Alpha, so things are improving. Also, if you follow WPCentral, you'll see that there's a large amount of great apps being created for the Indian market - personally, I really wish that the UK had as much official apps being made for us too.

Thats what I am trying to highlight. The region where developers are showing interest in bring apps, sometimes feel like MS is not showing that much interest.
Cortana alpha will come with 8.1 update 1. No time stamp when officially update 1 will come. and for Alpha also we have to change region.

Some other things that I mentioned are pretty basic...

vishj05

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
That's because Ms is American company.nd only in USA people buy high end phones.there only money is there.but in India majority buy only low or mid end when it comes to wp.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

But are they getting that money from US. NO
So low or mid end phones should not have features??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes