Rolling back 1520 for Cyan killed the device

Lloyd_S

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I rolled back my 1520 last week and it is completely unusable now. Screen flickers and apps open up on their own. Screen locks constantly. And Cortana kept opening on her own so much, and freezing, that I had to turn Cortana off completely, yet she keeps opening up after restarting & rebooting. I've even reset to factory settings and it continues.

In a nutshell my 1520 is now a brick so any thoughts or suggestions?

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
... not a brick, brick is totally DEAD.

When you reset to factory, what version did it go back to ?

Even though you reset, perform another HARD Reset (use the key combo to get back to factory), that could bring it back. If you don't know, Google 'Lumia 1520 service manual'

Lloyd_S

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the response. I have done multiple resets using the up -down volume key and power button and it doesn't help. In fact as I am typing this message on my PC I watched my 1520 open the people Hub, then close it, then Cortana ask if I need something, then back to home screen.

It might as well be a brick as it is not usable all all. Can't answer calls, navigation buttons do not respond.....Everything seems to keep going back to Cortana. I wonder if she is the issue.

Lloyd_S

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Oh and the version is 8.10.12397.895 and when I check for an update I am told the device has the latest version. On my 1020, which is still running Preview for Developers, the version is 8.10.14157.200

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Sooooo, you've got CYAN ??
Do you use this device for work ?
Do you have BitLocker installed ?
Are you in the UK / USA / or ?

What did you do, exactly, to rollback ?

BTW - that is the latest version (country dependent)

Lloyd_S

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes Cyan, yes for work and personal, not there is no BitLocker as it is a personal device and never uses VPN and our company does not support Windows phone. In the US of A

Downloaded the Nokia Recovery app, opened it up, plugged in the phone and the recovery tool did the rest. Moot point now though as I brought it to AT&T yesterday and they saw what it was doing and a new one is on the way!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss