The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
11-10-2014 06:25 AM
104 1234 ...
tools
    Xbox Music is dead. Get over it. This thing is walking the Green Mile... Dead man walking!
    Works pretty good for a dead man. I use it every day with no problems.
    08-28-2014 01:13 PM
    Works pretty good for a dead man. I use it every day with no problems.
    You and three other people would say that. Look anywhere in comments, forums, twitter, etc and i can guarantee you're hovering in the ballpark of 90% of the users saying it sucks.
    Last edited by missionsparta; 08-28-2014 at 05:06 PM.
    Ashish Gupta888 and jomarr like this.
    08-28-2014 03:55 PM
    You and three other people would say that. Look anywhere in comments, forums, twitter, etc and i can guarantee you're hovering in the ballpark of 90% of the users saying it sucks.
    I don't follow unruly mobs.
    08-28-2014 05:58 PM

I agree...this guy talks nonsense. Period
    08-28-2014 06:01 PM
    "The most annoying thing is that it shows the art correctly in the albums list . . . "

Something that the new Xbox Music has failed to do for probably 15% of my library since it launched.
    08-28-2014 10:26 PM
    I would like to say on my 810 everything works fine . album art, lock screen , fast start up , just everything works. Im starting to think people complain just to complain. this update was another welcome update that I believe made xbox music better
    herbertsnow and diablozoll like this.
    08-28-2014 10:35 PM
    I would like to say on my 810 everything works fine . album art, lock screen , fast start up , just everything works. Im starting to think people complain just to complain. this update was another welcome update that I believe made xbox music better
    I think a lot of people here have problems with album art because they fiddled with the meta tags and now they blame MS for their goof ups. All my MP3 are from Amazon and I've never had a problem with album art displaying on Xbox Music.
    08-28-2014 11:25 PM
    I think a lot of people here have problems with album art because they fiddled with the meta tags and now they blame MS for their goof ups. All my MP3 are from Amazon and I've never had a problem with album art displaying on Xbox Music.
    same here. i take the time to fix the album info in songs if they are incorrect. i guess people want to blame someone else besides themselves
    08-29-2014 12:51 AM

stay outside of those countries where xbox music gets changed to Music, you will join the same queue of complains. So, better shut off the useless support to xbox/ms and understand problems/expectations of users.
    08-29-2014 03:14 AM
    I see so many complaints about what is a Secondary feature to the app.

It is a music player after all not an album art displayer. If that were the case they'd call it Xbox Album Art not Xbox Music.

I can understand having the album art is great for quickly finding what you want to listen to on a visual level. But otherwise it is a nice visual extra. It is in NO way essential to the music experience.

Do you all seriously stare at your phones screens when listening to music??
    Lets face it most of the time the thing is in your pocket and controlled from your headset (if youre a bluetooth kinda person anyway). That's certainly what I do. I want to Listen to the music after all.

At the end of the day it is clear that at the moment the Xbox Music team are clearly focusing on perfecting the core experience (for the record it isn't album art) which is listening to the music you want to listen to without glitches and random crashes and slow downs.

For the record I am a massive audiophile who loves his music and has a studio grade sound system setup and wired to my computer. I have built a collection over years (since the birth of mp3's if anyone is curious) that I have gone to great efforts to ensure that the tag info is as accurate as possible.

Xbox music has displayed the wrong info or incorrectly changed album art etc. for me I will admit. But for comparison purposes Spotify almost butchered my collection (good thing I keep a backup of it all). Lessons were learned that day and it was never allowed near my collection again. Consider yourselves lucky at the end of the day

Let the team focus on the core experience (again that would be Music not Album Art) and making sure that the app is stable, fast and doesn't give audio glitches. Let's face it they have made leaps and bounds from what we had in 8.1. You'll find then that the rest falls into place very quickly after that. You should be glad that the team have found time to make the effort to try and fix the glitch in the first place.

If you still want to complain about it though I have an idea. If you think you can do better stop whining and go do so. You live in a remarkable age where you are free to do what you want. You aren't forced to use Xbox Music there are alternatives you can use or you can create your own app.

As an aside I have to wonder how many of you actually remember the days when mp3's didn't support having things like album art embedded in them??

</End Rant>
    <Begin Flames>
    herbertsnow and sahib lopez like this.
    08-29-2014 03:45 AM
    Album art and metadata worked fine with my collection, through Zune. Same.collection on Xbox Music is a disaster. So no. Nothing I did. And saying Album art and metadata is a "bonus" or "secondary feature? Is B.S.. The most simplistic players do it fine these days. Its now the norm and standard.
    08-29-2014 07:24 AM
    I don't know how one can seriously use the argument of what a music player use to be or use to have and completely ignoring what the norm is today from its competitors. That's just a recipe for accepting mediocrity, IMO.
    zomechin and fiveaces01 like this.
    08-29-2014 07:30 AM
    I don't know how one can seriously use the argument of what a music player use to be or use to have and completely ignoring what the norm is today from its competitors. That's just a recipe for accepting mediocrity, IMO.
    Exactly! Album art has been the standard forever now, you cant use it as a "bonus feature"- it isn't now. I also have a Zune, iPod touch and a Android phone in my house. Even after yesterday's update the music experience is pathetic compared to the rest. No album art issues, music pops up immediately and you don't have to reset the whole device to reindex your music. I just set up a Galaxy phone for my daughter, popped in her sdcard from her old Lumia 810, fired up Google music and all her music was immediately there with all album art-no way would that happen with Windows Phone right now. We would be waiting an hour to index her music before it would display. Album art is a basic function of any player, there is no excuse not to have it.

Oh, btw I purchased an album yesterday from Xbox music on my phone and the album art doesn't show up. It shows up fine on my daughters Galaxy phone. Are you saying even Microsoft doesn't tag their music correctly?
    Last edited by dby2011; 08-29-2014 at 08:25 AM.
    08-29-2014 07:40 AM
    If you want to fix your music to display properly here is what I found that works.
    1. Only save metadata as ID3v2.3 UTF-16 format ONLY (no other format, or dual format of ID3v1 and ID3v2.x)
    2. Set your Album art to "Front Cover" only.
    3. Resize your album art to 200x200 pixels
    4. Reset your phone (to clear XBM database)
    5. Turn off "Show streaming music in my collection"
    6. Copy your music back to your phone
    fiveaces01 likes this.
    08-29-2014 09:37 AM
    If you want to fix your music to display properly here is what I found that works.
    1. Only save metadata as ID3v2.3 UTF-16 format ONLY (no other format, or dual format of ID3v1 and ID3v2.x)
    2. Set your Album art to "Front Cover" only.
    3. Resize your album art to 200x200 pixels
    4. Reset your phone (to clear XBM database)
    5. Turn off "Show streaming music in my collection"
    6. Copy your music back to your phone
    Wow. That simple? I guess ill call in sick to work for the next three weeks so I can complete redo my library (that has worked with every device - including Zune - to date). Not giving you crap, but they have made a luxury a second job... And that is not why we got into this. The product was fine and they slowly have made it a chore to use.
    Andr3sfc, ale2999 and asturides like this.
    08-29-2014 10:29 AM
    Wow. That simple? I guess ill call in sick to work for the next three weeks so I can complete redo my library (that has worked with every device - including Zune - to date). Not giving you crap, but they have made a luxury a second job... And that is not why we got into this. The product was fine and they slowly have made it a chore to use.
    People are trying to help you guys and you still complain. Typical, just typical.
    08-29-2014 02:29 PM
    Thought I would make a comment about a topic that was a big deal to me!

I experienced all the pain with xbox music since I jumped on board with Windows phone. I have found a solution that works! I not only wanted the album artwork. But, I also craved for all of the artist information that xbox music provides. I started the same way as everyone else. Album artwork occasionally showed up when I synced with my PC. I noticed that I had one band that would show the artwork & band bio (etc) every time I tried to sync?

The solution to get every album, and all of the xbox music band information to show up.

1. Media Monkey (I know, pain in the ***) Note: This can be a last resort if it doesn't read the meta data on the first attempt.
    2. Sync with the Windows phone app (metro). Only syncing 1 band at a time. It seems to screw up when you try syncing multiple bands.
    3. Now for the kicker... I'm not an xbox music subscriber. I added all of these bands to my "streaming collection" in the browser based xbox music. This will add their top 10 songs to your collection. I set xbox music to show all music (streaming included).
    4. After the music is synced and showing up on the phone. I go back to settings and set to just show music on my sd card. Now when I click on a band, it still shows all of the album covers, artist bios, and bands that are suggested.

It's still best to use Media Monkey. Some people seem to make some crazy tags on music.

Hopefully this helps. It makes xbox music appear just as it does on my Windows 8.1 PC.
    08-29-2014 03:14 PM
    People are trying to help you guys and you still complain. Typical, just typical.
    You make excuse after excuse. Typical, typical. Me redoing my entire 3,000 song collection is not a solution. Whatever they had working in Zune, look at that and reimplement it...that would work 98% of the time. What division of Microsoft, does your excuse making *** work for?
    08-29-2014 03:18 PM
    I understand why they took the player out of the OS but I have to say, it still needs so much work. I listen to music every day on my phone. It is bothersome but I'm not going to pitch a fit about it but it's a pretty sad that a player can't load album art properly.
    08-29-2014 05:19 PM
    You make excuse after excuse. Typical, typical. Me redoing my entire 3,000 song collection is not a solution. Whatever they had working in Zune, look at that and reimplement it...that would work 98% of the time. What division of Microsoft, does your excuse making *** work for?
    I only own 100 songs, you need to get out more.
    08-29-2014 05:51 PM
    Owning songs means someone needs to get out more? LMAO...get real, Alice.
    08-29-2014 06:49 PM
    these are all things that have been suggested on this and other forums for over a year now and they are necessary and they do work. You can't load a bunch of garbled files into your phone and expect them to magically get sorted correctly. If you are waiting till now to do all that...well maybe you should adjust your expectations. I admit I have been pretty vocal about putting back the functions they took out when they removed the old Music Hub...but the working Live Tile has been the last piece I was waiting for and the app now works flawlessly for me...but my collection is all local files and stored on my computer and then synced to the phone.
    08-29-2014 07:29 PM
    One question!

Why is XBM live tile only available for 8.1.1 devices? We had it working perfect on Windows Phone 8 and now its not available even for 8.1?

What does the 8.1.1 and 8.0 have that 8.1 has not to enable live tile?
    08-29-2014 07:29 PM
    One question!

Why is XBM live tile only available for 8.1.1 devices? We had it working perfect on Windows Phone 8 and now its not available even for 8.1?

What does the 8.1.1 and 8.0 have that 8.1 has not to enable live tile?
    The API to enable the live tile in the first place. In my opinion they should have just got the zune app and reworked the code for 8.1 and make it updatable. Everyone would have been happier but why does their music app have to suck.
    JamesPTao likes this.
    08-29-2014 07:59 PM
    I own over 7500 songs does that make me a hermit? Lol. Some of us prefer quality music (ie lossless rips) and don't feel like paying another service for music in lower quality and to eat up data.
    08-29-2014 08:05 PM
104 1234 ...