Album art and the latest Xbox Music update

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Wow. That simple? I guess ill call in sick to work for the next three weeks so I can complete redo my library (that has worked with every device - including Zune - to date). Not giving you crap, but they have made a luxury a second job... And that is not why we got into this. The product was fine and they slowly have made it a chore to use.
It took me several months of experimenting with a small subset of my music collection to find the right combination to get things to work.

After that, I fixed my entire collection (+4,000 songs) in a few minutes with MP3tag (Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...)) and FastStone Photo Resizer (FastStone Photo Resizer - Powerful Image Converter/Resizer) (both are free/donation ware software).

But yea. MS has screwed the pooch with XBM. I know there are those who yell, Fire the XBM programmers, and rehire the Zune programmers. You know what, after doing what I had to do to get things to work on my own, I agree. The should have taken the Zune code and just done a search for 'Zune' and replaced with 'Xbox music' and called it a day.

ale2999

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It took me several months of experimenting with a small subset of my music collection to find the right combination to get things to work.

After that, I fixed my entire collection (+4,000 songs) in a few minutes with MP3tag (Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...)) and FastStone Photo Resizer (FastStone Photo Resizer - Powerful Image Converter/Resizer) (both are free/donation ware software).

But yea. MS has screwed the pooch with XBM. I know there are those who yell, Fire the XBM programmers, and rehire the Zune programmers. You know what, after doing what I had to do to get things to work on my own, I agree. The should have taken the Zune code and just done a search for 'Zune' and replaced with 'Xbox music' and called it a day.

Would it be possible for you to write a how to?
It would be the best.... I have over 10K songs and if there is a way to mass edit to get it to work I would totally do it.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I might do a write up. But I did forget to mention the kicker, you have to reset your phone.

Why? To get XBM to start with a clean database of your metadata. I tried just about everything I could think of to get XBM to re-index and re-read the metadata without having to reset. I couldn't. I really wish MS would put an option in the XBM settings section of "re-index music" that wipes it's database and then rescans the files.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I might do a write up. But I did forget to mention the kicker, you have to reset your phone.

Why? To get XBM to start with a clean database of your metadata. I tried just about everything I could think of to get XBM to re-index and re-read the metadata without having to reset. I couldn't. I really wish MS would put an option in the XBM settings section of "re-index music" that wipes it's database and then rescans the files.

Zune never reindexed. Why in all hell are we dealing with this crap when they have a much better alternative sitting on a shelf that almost everyone agrees they want back? Talk about arrogance and an ego. They don't give it back just because they won't admit it was a major mistake.

rowlie

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
It must be so embarrassing for the man who led the Zune development to sign off on this inferior imitation.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Fyi-you could reindex music in the Zune software on your PC. It was a separate downloaded tool from Microsoft that you could run if you wanted Zune to rebuild your library. On the Zune player you usually could delete music on the player and resync music and that would work without erasing all the music on the player. I agree that it is confusing as to why Microsoft will not let you reindex your music on your phone or at least give you the option of putting the index file on your sdcard so it can easily be deleted and rebuilt.

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
It must be so embarrassing for the man who led the Zune development to sign off on this inferior imitation.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

My only problem with MS is that they should get out of the selling Music and Video biz. Their whole music and video service is half baked and convoluted and overpriced. Xbox music won't even stream songs I bought off them. Just today I bought a song and couldn't get it to download, the PC version of Xbox music doesn't seem to be downloading anything at the moment. I was able to download it from the WP app. I really doubt MS is making any money on this. No wonder 99% of all my music is bought from amazon.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
My only problem with MS is that they should get out of the selling Music and Video biz. Their whole music and video service is half baked and convoluted and overpriced. Xbox music won't even stream songs I bought off them. Just today I bought a song and couldn't get it to download, the PC version of Xbox music doesn't seem to be downloading anything at the moment. I was able to download it from the WP app. I really doubt MS is making any money on this. No wonder 99% of all my music is bought from amazon.

That's all you people do; complain, complain, complain. There is nothing wrong with their music and video and video service. Learn to use it.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
There is alot of things wrong with it. Apps crashing, videos blacking out in fullscreen, album art misplaced, music collection doubling. Look at iTunes and google play, there video and music services are flawless. They just keep betting better and better. But this. This is a disgrace. Why can't Microsoft release something with very few problems. Even the xbox one had problems in launch day, remember the disc sucking problem. Even the surface pro 3 had wifi problems and charging issues at launch. There is something seriously wrong with the way microsoft executes things nowadays(pun intended)

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
There is alot of things wrong with it. Apps crashing, videos blacking out in fullscreen, album art misplaced, music collection doubling. Look at iTunes and google play, there video and music services are flawless. They just keep betting better and better. But this. This is a disgrace. Why can't Microsoft release something with very few problems. Even the xbox one had problems in launch day, remember the disc sucking problem. Even the surface pro 3 had wifi problems and charging issues at launch. There is something seriously wrong with the way microsoft executes things nowadays(pun intended)

They can make a kickass Word and Spreadsheet program but they lack the know how to make media consumption apps. They need to start hiring the kind of people Apple and Google hires. Buying a few tech startups staffed with hipsters wouldn't hurt also.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I was talking about the music service, not the app. The app doesn't need the music service to work.

Lord. My point is, the great majority of us have nothing but problems with the app, yet your telling us we are nuts. And I said the same.about your music and video service issues. Most of this is flying eight over your head.

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Lord. My point is, the great majority of us have nothing but problems with the app, yet your telling us we are nuts. And I said the same.about your music and video service issues. Most of this is flying eight over your head.

I wouldn't say you're nuts, but sometimes I just want to give you a big manly hug and tell you "It's alright. It gets better and you are going to be alright." "We're all rooting for you kiddo"

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't say you're nuts, but sometimes I just want to give you a big manly hug and tell you "It's alright. It gets better and you are going to be alright." "We're all rooting for you kiddo"

I've held this back, but your "intellect" is essentially hovering around the weapons grade retard level.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss