Album art and the latest Xbox Music update

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I think a lot of people here have problems with album art because they fiddled with the meta tags and now they blame MS for their goof ups. All my MP3 are from Amazon and I've never had a problem with album art displaying on Xbox Music.

What do you mean "fiddled"? These album covers are working just fine before so I'm not sure why they aren't working now.

No, I don't legally download my music. I legally buy them Physically, in a CD and rip all of them on my computer so obviously I would fiddle with the metatags.

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean "fiddled"? These album covers are working just fine before so I'm not sure why they aren't working now.

No, I don't legally download my music. I legally buy them Physically, in a CD and rip all of them on my computer so obviously I would fiddle with the metatags.

I read his post and thought the same thing in my head. Couldn't be bothered gracing it with an answer though.

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

Works fine for me, but it is a beta after all.

wp_ss_20140903_0001.png

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Was only "Beta" after tthey realized it was a pile of ****. If it was actually Beta, it would have came with "beta" in its title like the Live Lockscreen BETA app. Nice try playing captain negative though. Your pretty much one of the 2% that doesn't think this app is garbage.

And you guys are like what, the 98% that Protest, Riot and **** in Central Park?

Last edited:

regi7

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Since the update, my Xbox music app is 11x better. I have album work for every album and my playlists don't disappear. I had to do a hard reset after the update tho. That seemed to fix everything.

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Since the update, my Xbox music app is 11x better. I have album work for every album and my playlists don't disappear. I had to do a hard reset after the update tho. That seemed to fix everything.

Right now the only way to reset the Xbox Music database is to do a hard reset. The app really needs an option to reset the database in the settings menu.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Right now the only way to reset the Xbox Music database is to do a hard reset. The app really needs an option to reset the database in the settings menu.

Even better is if it just does whatever the hell the Zunes and the iPhone do, because the music is just they're without all this nonsense.

Hypnopottamus

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
This app now works pretty well for me now. Album art and tags are pretty spot on. The only annoying thing I find about this app now is that you can't just sync and go. Since it only re-indexes when charging, I can't just add music on the go and go about my business. This kind of kills the experience for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss