App Store Help and Ideas

ITSCharles

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I've had my Lumia 930 for about a month now and I like the handset and what it gives me in terms of features for my job (IT Consultant) however I struggle with the App Store.

Can anyone recommend me like the top ten good apps/games as I find myself constantly looking but never actually downloading anything. I don't mind free or paid for (in fact I have a ?20 voucher that I just cannot find anything to spend it on)...

I've come from an iPhone where I downloaded App's daily to try them out, etc but nothing appeals to me on the App Store.

P.S I do not do any social media so FB, Twitter, etc are pointless to me :)

Thanks,

Charles

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't go for the whole, Top 10 Apps thing. As everyone is different and has a different opinion of what is cool or important to them.

What do you use your phone for would be a good starting point.

Do you use the camera? Edit photos? Do you want sketch tools?

Notes? Etc...

ITSCharles

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to think what I used my iPhone for (in terms of Apps) and I really cannot remember. I got a couple of photo editing tools that are good enough for my needs...

I'm not too keen on the built-in Alarm any third party ones that are any good?

So yeah mainly productivity tools like notes, to-do lists, etc. (although I quite like onenote)...

What video player do you use I see VLC but it doesn't look official?

Any thoughts on a game to play on my commute that will kill some time, might get a couple in on the 'Try' mode :)

Thanks

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm still playing Angry Birds myself but I know there are many who like playing endless runners like Subway Surfers.

Then there's the racing games like Ashphalt 8.

The VLC player hasn't been released yet. There's Mobiplayer Pro.

For productivity there's lots of apps. Evernote, etc.

Jiri Matejka

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
It highly depends on your needs, I would take the name of apps you used on iPhone and try this out on WP store. Also if you open the Store app on your Windows Phone you will get a tile pointing to new, popular or highly rated app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077