MS screwed up again, Android gets HERE with more features !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
From where to where?

I've only found that to be the case when there is only one logical route. eg, Orange County to San Diego as it passes Camp Pendleton Marine Base...

Try adjusting your route settings as my pictures demonstrate.

The thing is that he needs a dedicated button (like the camera one), which gives a different route when you press it.

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft ****ed is up, new Volvo XC90 has a HERE maps navigation to. BAD MS.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk

How is this Microsoft's screwup? If Nokia didn't want to sell the HERE division, Microsoft could not force them to do so. If HERE wants to sell services to Volvo, Microsoft cannot prevent them from doing so. It's called free-market capitalism.

BTW, I hear that 2015 Volvos will have full integration for whatever phone OS you're using. Makes me wish I could afford a Volvo. Kudos to them.

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft cares about core OS functions.

HERE applications are not a core OS function. No third party apps, navigation or otherwise, are not a core OS function.

HERE applications have never been Microsoft applications so your premise for this thread has been invalidated.

Arka1412

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
"I've never heard a negative thing from an apple customer"

People return/sell off their iPhone's in my country(India) because it has-
No SD slot
No fm
No file manager
No Bluetooth ftp(since no file manager)
No text prediction
Small screen
No NFC
No glance/notification led
Mediocre camera for the price
No USB MTP
No micro USB
No removable battery, and short battery life as compared to other phones for the same price.

I don't understand what you are paying for in an iPhone. Even my Nokia dumb phone has a file manager, SD slot, micro USB,fm. Apple can't put a $1 fm chip in a 700$ phone? Ridiculous. No wonder they are declining YoY.
iPhone market share is close to zero in India.

I beg to differ..
1)now most flagships dont have sd card(mind you apple dont sell low end phones and they give you choice to buy 16 gb or 32 gb)
2)Who on earth listen to fm nowadays..there are no fm on galaxy s5 also(not a big deal)
3)Its a real problem but still file can be managed better on iphone..
4)included in ios 8
5)will be resolved with iphone 6
6)camera is not mediocre (you can compare)
rest i agree.. but iphone dont have huge market share in India because there are no low end devices otherwise scenario could be changed..
There are many cons in WP also..but i dont want to bring it up here..

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Okay gang, I am fine with debate. And I am also fine with people venting on the forums. That is what WPC and other Mobile Nations sites are for. But this has degraded into four pages of name calling and repeating ourselves and following rabbit trails. Let's call this thread good for now, and once the App is in full swing on Samsung devices (a good move by Sammy, if you ask me) and we see how Here maps on WP responds then we can- and should- revisit this conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos