MS screwed up again, Android gets HERE with more features !

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiggum15

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Great,
Samsung Android phones will get The HERE maps and drive apps with more features (like alternative routes) in the future !

MS did not buy HERE I know but why ?
Fact is, the HERE app for WP is dead, they boo longer develop it and will not add any new features.... But Android and maybe Apple users will get them soon... Great job MS, you know how to do it !

DER1996

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Great,
Samsung Android phones will get The HERE maps and drive apps with more features (like alternative routes) in the future !

Fact is, the HERE app for WP is dead, they boo longer develop it and will not add any new features.... But Android and maybe Apple users will get them soon... Great job MS, you know how to do it !

Samsung did not buy here mas , neither did MS , I mean while Here maps is still profitable , Nokia has very little incentive to sell it . For the additional features , we'll probably get them sooner than later , most likely before Android ( the WP has been longer in development ),Finally , ince MS has licensed Here for 10 years , I don't see here going away any time soon.

wiggum15

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
No, the features are already confirmed for the Samsung Android version of here !
We WP users will not get them, they will not add new features to the WP app, they maybe have the licence to include the app itself it but the here team has nothing to do anymore with MS and will concentrate on Android and maybe iOS.

HERE for WP is dead, no new features, maybe a bug fix but that's all they will do for WP in the feature.

DER1996

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
No, the features are already confirmed for the Samsung Android version of here !
We WP users will not get them, they will not add new features to the WP app, they maybe have the licence to include the app itself it but the here team has nothing to do anymore with MS and will concentrate on Android and maybe iOS.

HERE for WP is dead, no new features, maybe a bug fix but that's all they will do for WP in the feature.

Any resource ?

Edit: from what I see : they very much flunked the iOS app by making it a web app , which they re-released for Firefox OS and they haven't been interested in releasing here maps to Android ( except Nokia X ) so imo , this is just a way for here maps to make actual profit from a product that's already there but was made obsolete by MS ( see the pattern ? ) policies , so saying WP here apps are dead , without giving any viable resource , is something to be taken with kilos of salt , especially that MS is paying them to make the damn things and bing maps are based on here maps , so ruining this otherwise profitable relationship with MS , would not be a non-strategic move by Nokia , but out right dumb .

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, everyone! Get angry! A company who is not Microsoft developed an app for another platform! We should protest! While we're at it, lets blame Microsoft because there's no snapchat either!!!!!! It's not like Microsoft has their own map applic.... Oh wait

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, everyone! Get angry! A company who is not Microsoft developed an app for another platform! We should protest! While we're at it, lets blame Microsoft because there's no snapchat either!!!!!! It's not like Microsoft has their own map applic.... Oh wait

Yea!!!! Man the pitchforks! How dare they do such an illegal thing!!1!11111!!!

DER1996

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Android fans rejoice: HERE for Samsung Galaxy smartphones - HERE Three Sixty

The HERE team is focusing on Android now, quickly introducing new features that the WP version will never get !

I really don't see where it says that , the only new feature I saw is integration with glimpse which exists on WP , and for the other new features are and I quote " coming in the next few months" , and naturally windows phone isn't mentioned in this article , because by exclusivity they mean " Android Exclusivity" not for all platforms .
PS : MS has practically funded the here maps team ever since its inception with the merger of navteq and nokia maps , and in the world of maps , you don't bite the hand .
Screenshot-2013-09-03-at-12.03.21-PM.jpg

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Android fans rejoice: HERE for Samsung Galaxy smartphones - HERE Three Sixty

The HERE team is focusing on Android now, quickly introducing new features that the WP version will never get !
A lot of that stuff has to do with Samsung's own peripherals and software. In fact, it almost sounds like Samsung went up to Nokia and paid them to work on the Galaxy integration in that manner. There's no way Nokia would be putting up all those resources on their own.

What is to stop Microsoft from going to Nokia and paying them to offer identical functionality for WP and WP-compatible smartwatches/bands?

wiggum15

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Here was a huge selling point for WP, got no new features in ages
Here team is now free, releases better version of here for Android.

That's what it has to do with ms

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Great,

Uhm, so? Yeah, they'll get HERE Maps, which good for Nokia, this says that they're still alive and kicking, awesome news. I hope it succeeds so Nokia can stay around and be here for years to come.

Nokia isn't making money from hardware anymore. They HAVE to make money from something else, so go them. I doubt, actually HIGHLY doubt, we'll be left in the dark. :)

Go Nokia!

wiggum15

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Ok so it's cool that here for Android gets more features in a beta app then then the here app for WP got in 2 years ?

Great, switching to Android then.

DER1996

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Ok so it's cool that here for Android gets more features in a beta app then then the here app for WP got in 2 years ?

Great, switching to Android then.
For the Love of God ( or what ever you believe in ) ! This app hasn't been released yet and you're already commenting it has more features ! sure it has special integration with Samsung products , which I can't see really as something beneficial unless you already own them or are ready to spend a sum of money on a glorified watch that's really bad at been that a watch .

I sometimes feel like I've took a time machine and it's 2012 all over again , but this time it's WP . Unless Ms loses it's F***loads of money WP is HERE (pun intented ) to stay , whether you like it or not ! And iwhat part of 10 YEAR CONTRACT FOR SUPPORT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ? Here maps are still making a lot more money of WP and it'll probably will for the years to come . Introducing Here mas on galaxy is simply paving the way for Tizen , since , Shocker :p , google will not develop apps for it , and since every body thinks google maps is superior ( due to the absence of here maps which wasn't released because there was little to gain even if it was , unless it's through licensing which is what Samsung is doing ) , Samsung is going to show every body that there's a very good alternative that works with its products and will be available once they switch to Tizen ; and this solution is probably the most effective .

PS : I never heard of someone buying a Lumia for Here maps , sure they work great , and they're not going away soon , But most people do it for the Nokia hardware and the beauty and simplicity of the UI . have fun on hardware , I wish you the least.... of Lag ;)

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
That's what 2.5% marketshare and s neglected OS get you.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

This is a valid point you make. By getting HERE Maps on Galaxy phones and other Androids, Nokia will have millions of new customers. If they left HERE Maps as being Windows Phone only, they would lose out on a bunch of users, because WP had such a tiny market share.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Crying like babies. Sorry for saying this but WTF people.
1) MS doesn't own HERE, it still belongs to Nokia.
2) its not going to be on all Android devices. Android has its own Google maps. It's just for Samsung Tizen devices (the OS Samsung developing itself) and smartwatches
3) Nokia is doing its business, it has absolutely nothing to do with WP. If any of you following (I'm sure no one) Nokias stock prices was $8.13 yesterday, and today after announcing this partnership it jumped to $8.37
http://s7.postimg.org/4xw3x0ivv/wp_ss_20140829_0002.png

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
This is a valid point you make. By getting HERE Maps on Galaxy phones and other Androids, Nokia will have millions of new customers. If they left HERE Maps as being Windows Phone only, they would lose out on a bunch of users, because WP had such a tiny market share.
What makes you so sure? Why do we (Windows Phone users) have to struggle with all this crap while others are really happy, Microsoft is not even supporting their own freakin OS... Look at how poorly they're doing, instead of making the Music+Videos hub better, they threw it out of the window and made a "new" totally unusable app, I don't understand why they do that to their customers... It just gets on my nerves! That's why I'm leaving Microsoft for good, look at how Apple treats their customers, I've never heard a negative thing from an Apple customer, and that's why I'm going to be one soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss