12-13-2014 10:58 AM
93 1234
tools
    And i guess that dabien red will be the package of UPDATE 1.
    Debian Red is hardware specific firmware that augments the OS. It brings highly unique features to the Lumia line not found in the OS, and specific to the Microsoft/Nokia hardware.

It's also a huge change and much more than what is just Update 1.
    09-01-2014 01:30 PM
    Hmm got it. And I knew it. Amber, black and now cyan make things more advance such as glance screen, Nokia Camera, Living image and more features as well. Thanks daniel.
    09-01-2014 01:36 PM
    An alphabetical listing is great, but they should take it further and provide search through at least the first level of settings with optional keywords you can use in case you don't know the exact setting name. Also, as already mentioned - pinning settings would be awesome.
    F3rzz likes this.
    09-01-2014 01:57 PM
    A feature I would highly like is "Quick Action". (I basically invented the term). Its involves having the option to quickly reply to texts and facebook notifications, without exiting the app or game you are using. Its so frustrating to go to the message app and reply a simple "Yes" or "Lol" to a text, while playing Subway surfers! I know. Its something coming to IOS 8, and I think its already available in some Android, but then again, no harm in borrowing a universally liked concept. They could even implement it better, eg. But giving us an option to like or comment on fb status notifications from the banner. How about a swipe to the left for a "Quick Action"? The WA I visualize it, the swipe would expand the banner downwards, with the space having a text box and/or buttons based on the notifications. Hows the idea and implementation?
    Like BB10, yes.
    09-01-2014 02:12 PM
    Purportedly SD805 support. Hmmm. Can we expect a 1520 successor with SD 805 or perhaps a flagship from any other OEMs like Samsung or LG? Personally, Id love to see all 1530 and LGG3/Note4 for windows phone.
    If there isn't an expected flagship to come with GDR2 then can't they add some other useful feature for consumers and push this OEM related feature to threshold? Unless ofcourse rumors about 1520 successor are true.
    09-01-2014 02:16 PM
    Purportedly SD805 support. Hmmm. Can we expect a 1520 successor with SD 805 or perhaps a flagship from any other OEMs like Samsung or LG? Personally, Id love to see all 1530 and LGG3/Note4 for windows phone.
    If there isn't an expected flagship to come with GDR2 then can't they add some other useful feature for consumers and push this OEM related feature to threshold? Unless ofcourse rumors about 1520 successor are true.
    Um GDR2 flagship is the HTC one
    09-01-2014 02:19 PM
    More emphasis must be put on improving batteries,
    Well I didn't know about this debian red
    09-01-2014 02:26 PM
    Um GDR2 flagship is the HTC one
    No it is not. HTC One comes with Update 1(GDR1). Update 2(GDR 2) hasn't even been released by Microsoft yet.
    F3rzz and elmacho like this.
    09-01-2014 02:31 PM
    Think of it this way.

Everyone is complaining about WHEN IS CYAN AVAILABLE? Correct?

Well Debian Red is pretty much like Cyan, even one will complain WHERE IS DEBIAN RED :P

Because firmware updates sure takes their sweet time to get pass carrier approval..
    xandros9 likes this.
    09-01-2014 02:31 PM
    Think of it this way.

Everyone is complaining about WHEN IS CYAN AVAILABLE? Correct?

Well Debian Red is pretty much like Cyan, even one will complain WHERE IS DEBIAN RED :P

Because firmware updates sure takes their sweet time to get pass carrier approval..
    explain when don't have carriers involved in the process, aka CV...
    09-01-2014 02:32 PM
    explain when don't have carriers involved in the process, aka CV...
    CV? What do you mean by that?
    09-01-2014 02:34 PM
    CV? What do you mean by that?
    CV = country variants, aka non-carrier phones

The process for firmware approvals, including possibly lumping together with Previews is something to look towards.
    09-01-2014 02:38 PM

The process for firmware approvals, including possibly lumping together with Previews is something to look towards.
    Oh those you mean like the international version with no custom (carrier) ROM in it?

It is strange though that those phones don't get a firmware update at the beginning since there's no carrier testing needed.
    09-01-2014 02:46 PM

Your are keeping your eagle eye on this thread. Great.
    09-01-2014 02:46 PM
    I think this gdr thing is update which are only for the sake of updates.ms plz bring in lockscreen notifications.
    09-01-2014 02:58 PM
    Another feature I want is quiet hours to be independent of cortana like android phones.i cant run cortana in the background with location service on.
    09-01-2014 03:02 PM
    One way they could help with the settings menu mess is to make settings searchable via Cortana. One of the best things Microsoft did with Windows 7 is to make Control Panel settings searchable from the Start Menu. Not just search by the name of the setting, but also by what that setting option contains.

Also, pinnable settings as mentioned previously would also be a good option.
    F3rzz likes this.
    09-01-2014 04:06 PM
    I think this gdr thing is update which are only for the sake of updates.ms plz bring in lockscreen notifications.
    Yup. They do it just for fun -.-
    DennisvdG likes this.
    09-01-2014 04:32 PM
    I get the whole color thing but why have the name of a linux distribution as part of the name for your firmware? Seems quite odd to me.
    09-01-2014 04:41 PM
    I get the whole color thing but why have the name of a linux distribution as part of the name for your firmware? Seems quite odd to me.
    they will change the name of firmware when they will announce it, prob on sept 4th.
    09-01-2014 04:47 PM
    I guess the only thing I need is more toggles /icons in action center. Like android has, swiping left and right. I need at least 5. Currently I have WIFI, Bluetooth, Screen brightness and Screen rotation. I need Internet sharing and preferably Data (using tile now)
    F3rzz likes this.
    09-01-2014 04:48 PM
    One way they could help with the settings menu mess is to make settings searchable via Cortana. One of the best things Microsoft did with Windows 7 is to make Control Panel settings searchable from the Start Menu. Not just search by the name of the setting, but also by what that setting option contains.

Also, pinnable settings as mentioned previously would also be a good option.
    Settings are searchable with cortana and bing with 8.1 type wifi and see what happens ;)
    09-01-2014 04:56 PM
    they will change the name of firmware when they will announce it, prob on sept 4th.
    Sorry but , why are you saying that they are going to announce the 4th ?
    09-01-2014 04:59 PM
    Debian Red is hardware specific firmware that augments the OS. It brings highly unique features to the Lumia line not found in the OS, and specific to the Microsoft/Nokia hardware.

It's also a huge change and much more than what is just Update 1.

Dan, Spill that Tea!! Tell us what you know about DebianRed!!
    09-01-2014 05:05 PM
    Sorry but , why are you saying that they are going to announce the 4th ?
    On sept. 4th, they are going to announce Lumia730/735 and Lumia830 which will come preinstalled with Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1, so, we'll also find about the name of firmware packaging Update 1.
    iosub likes this.
    09-01-2014 05:22 PM
93 1234