Windows phone 8.1 GDR2 features leaked!

pesanur

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
They should add:
- Optional category short for all aps view.
- Detach preditive writing for all others writing options. If annoyring that is you disable predictive writing, also all of others features are disabled too.
- Dedicated recording app. Onenote isn't good for this.
- Xbox music - Stop playing when exiting for the app. If I close the app is since i dont like to continue hearing music, not to keep it in the background.
- Manual sync option for Outlook mail when you have it as main alias in your MS Account.
- Start page for IE instead of start in last session.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Update 1 aka debian red is not a big update and we already seen all features added by microsft. but, we can expect little more improvment and more device compatibility for living images feature and auto focous improvement.
This is complete bull****, sorry. You obviously have not seen Debian Red. Also, do not conflate Update 1 (OS) with Debian Red (new firmware), they do different things.

What Debian Red brings to the table has not been revealed at all.

Hamza Waseem

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
A feature I would highly like is "Quick Action". (I basically invented the term). Its involves having the option to quickly reply to texts and facebook notifications, without exiting the app or game you are using. Its so frustrating to go to the message app and reply a simple "Yes" or "Lol" to a text, while playing Subway surfers! I know. Its something coming to IOS 8, and I think its already available in some Android, but then again, no harm in borrowing a universally liked concept. They could even implement it better, eg. But giving us an option to like or comment on fb status notifications from the banner. How about a swipe to the left for a "Quick Action"? The WA I visualize it, the swipe would expand the banner downwards, with the space having a text box and/or buttons based on the notifications. Hows the idea and implementation?

Malay Agarwal

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Yes, i havent seen Dabien red. but i was just saying to expect.
apologies.
And i guess that dabien red will be the package of UPDATE 1.

Actually mate all those features u listed came with the Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 and the Nokia FIRMWARE update for it is Debian Red.
Like in case of Cyan, where the Windows Phone 8.1 update was the SOFTWARE and Cyan was firmware. One from Microsoft (software) and the other from Nokia (firmware)
U failed to understand the difference.
Debian will bring new camera algorithms, better battery lasting and such hardware related features, whereas the GDR2 will bring the probable features that u mentioned i.e. for the OS.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
And i guess that dabien red will be the package of UPDATE 1.
Debian Red is hardware specific firmware that augments the OS. It brings highly unique features to the Lumia line not found in the OS, and specific to the Microsoft/Nokia hardware.

It's also a huge change and much more than what is just Update 1.

Vicky Krishnatrai

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Hmm got it. And I knew it. Amber, black and now cyan make things more advance such as glance screen, Nokia Camera, Living image and more features as well. Thanks daniel.

TK182

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
An alphabetical listing is great, but they should take it further and provide search through at least the first level of settings with optional keywords you can use in case you don't know the exact setting name. Also, as already mentioned - pinning settings would be awesome.

dezzilak

May 14, 2014
Visit site
A feature I would highly like is "Quick Action". (I basically invented the term). Its involves having the option to quickly reply to texts and facebook notifications, without exiting the app or game you are using. Its so frustrating to go to the message app and reply a simple "Yes" or "Lol" to a text, while playing Subway surfers! I know. Its something coming to IOS 8, and I think its already available in some Android, but then again, no harm in borrowing a universally liked concept. They could even implement it better, eg. But giving us an option to like or comment on fb status notifications from the banner. How about a swipe to the left for a "Quick Action"? The WA I visualize it, the swipe would expand the banner downwards, with the space having a text box and/or buttons based on the notifications. Hows the idea and implementation?

Like BB10, yes.

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Purportedly SD805 support. Hmmm. Can we expect a 1520 successor with SD 805 or perhaps a flagship from any other OEMs like Samsung or LG? Personally, Id love to see all 1530 and LGG3/Note4 for windows phone.
If there isn't an expected flagship to come with GDR2 then can't they add some other useful feature for consumers and push this OEM related feature to threshold? Unless ofcourse rumors about 1520 successor are true.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Purportedly SD805 support. Hmmm. Can we expect a 1520 successor with SD 805 or perhaps a flagship from any other OEMs like Samsung or LG? Personally, Id love to see all 1530 and LGG3/Note4 for windows phone.
If there isn't an expected flagship to come with GDR2 then can't they add some other useful feature for consumers and push this OEM related feature to threshold? Unless ofcourse rumors about 1520 successor are true.

Um GDR2 flagship is the HTC one

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Think of it this way.

Everyone is complaining about WHEN IS CYAN AVAILABLE? Correct?

Well Debian Red is pretty much like Cyan, even one will complain WHERE IS DEBIAN RED :p

Because firmware updates sure takes their sweet time to get pass carrier approval..

BrunoShady

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Think of it this way.

Everyone is complaining about WHEN IS CYAN AVAILABLE? Correct?

Well Debian Red is pretty much like Cyan, even one will complain WHERE IS DEBIAN RED :p

Because firmware updates sure takes their sweet time to get pass carrier approval..

explain when don't have carriers involved in the process, aka CV...

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
CV = country variants, aka non-carrier phones

The process for firmware approvals, including possibly lumping together with Previews is something to look towards.

Oh those you mean like the international version with no custom (carrier) ROM in it?

It is strange though that those phones don't get a firmware update at the beginning since there's no carrier testing needed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss