The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
12-13-2014 10:58 AM
93 123 ...
tools
    Microsoft will finally bring some sanity to the extremely long Settings list on Windows Phone.

Apparently the next update, set to arrive over the next 2 months (and therefore likely coming to Developer Preview users sooner) will finally sort settings alphabetically, and will feature the same jump list as the usual start app menu.

Other new features said to be on the way include the addition of a mobile data toggle in the action centre and Cortana coming as Alpha to even more countries.

While making settings alphabetical would help somewhat, I would have liked even more if Settings could all be pinnable to the start screen just like apps, meaning for commonly used settings one would not have to dive into the long settings page at all. What do say guys?
    UPDATE- Windows Phone 8.1 GDR2 is going to bring support to 2K resolution on smartphone displays, and therefore providing support to new processors like the Snapdragon 805
    Last edited by Vicky Krishnatrai; 09-01-2014 at 08:59 PM.
    09-01-2014 02:44 AM
    I'd hope they finally support openvpn. For years and still waiting!!!! All the other ui dressing up is a design choice, they really need core features and full vpn protocol support is a must.
    JunIzNumbah1, Ek-Balam and hs k like this.
    09-01-2014 02:52 AM
    Any clues about usb otg? Btw great news if true...
    09-01-2014 03:01 AM
    Still getting low storage error 80188308 !!!
    09-01-2014 03:12 AM
    And the FM Radio UI, it should be the other way round where the tuned/saved stations are shown first where, by opening the application one can easily choose a saved station with a single tap. why do i have to view/see the tuning bar all the time? i must be able to view/see the tuned stations all the time.
    we only tune and save stations once, then the next time it would be just a matter of choosing the saved stations.
    09-01-2014 03:17 AM
    Can't wait, I also hope Lumia debian red ads some nice stuff.
    JunIzNumbah1 likes this.
    09-01-2014 03:27 AM
    Necessary small things they should add

1Files app integration when we want to send files via mails.

2. Curser in the dialler box

3 windows store screen background back as in wp8.

4. Ability to see full notification in the action centre.

5. Fb integration back as on wp8.
    09-01-2014 03:31 AM
    We need to play music via USB its annoying how I can use my USB to play music on the car
    Lucas Carvalho 2 likes this.
    09-01-2014 03:38 AM
    This error is appearing cause of wrong update packege. If you want rid from this error, you must downgrade your device or visit nokia care centre to flash your device. This is the only way.
    09-01-2014 03:38 AM
    Can't wait, I also hope Lumia debian red ads some nice stuff.
    Update 1 aka debian red is not a big update and we already seen all features added by microsft. but, we can expect little more improvment and more device compatibility for living images feature and auto focous improvement.
    09-01-2014 03:41 AM
    Well these aren't confirmed images and most likely the debian red firmware will bring more improvements to the higher end models. I wonder if they have figured out a way to get glance on the 930 and Icon since both lack display memory.
    09-01-2014 07:21 AM
    Well these aren't confirmed images and most likely the debian red firmware will bring more improvements to the higher end models. I wonder if they have figured out a way to get glance on the 930 and Icon since both lack display memory.
    I miss glance a lot. :( But sadly I'm not really confident that it will ever be available on my 930.

Other then that, I hope they improve the 930/1520 camera because it's incredibly noisy right now.
    09-01-2014 07:31 AM
    I think Settings should be designed over with UI, when we go in Settings now we see settings for System and Application, under System it shows many settings which is not just System,it should show Display,Network ,Connectivity,Audio & Video,Cloud & Sync,Applications you get my drift, and we swipe over to right we'll see the appropriate settings tabs, instead of JUST SYSTEM AND APPLICATIONS, alphabetical may seem better but grouping using correctly named tags will be much better for few, can even give us option whether alphabetical or like what I said
    MS should just refine Settings like what they did in Windows 8.1. RT and WP will merge soon I can't see this not happening.
    Jon4248 likes this.
    09-01-2014 07:49 AM
    Sounds pretty plausible for a GDR release. Useful but not groundbreaking.
    09-01-2014 08:29 AM
    Don't worry, me to!!!
    09-01-2014 09:03 AM
    And the FM Radio UI, it should be the other way round where the tuned/saved stations are shown first where, by opening the application one can easily choose a saved station with a single tap. why do i have to view/see the tuning bar all the time? i must be able to view/see the tuned stations all the time.
    we only tune and save stations once, then the next time it would be just a matter of choosing the saved stations.

Add pinned stations to a folder?
    09-01-2014 09:06 AM
    I woud like the Settings menu to use more horizontal space. Just like how Sony Ericsson used to order the items in Settings by categories:

adobephotoshopexpress_128ab315faa04405bc15eccb5d8e3ddc.jpg
    swyrik, Gungzwei and prasath1234 like this.
    09-01-2014 11:22 AM
    They should also add icons for the settings. This will help and use the free space on the right
    09-01-2014 11:30 AM
    I'd rather see improved speed of the OS. Man, after looking how smooth is iOS I was like "lol at Android and WP" I know this doesn't count as a feature, but still. About the features, I still want to see more Window's like UI on the phone, BACKGROUND WALLPAPER, also Tiles of the apps matching the colors as on Windows, and the look of the app list just something like in WINDOWS. :)
    DoctorSaline likes this.
    09-01-2014 11:57 AM
    Any clues about usb otg? Btw great news if true...
    nothing as of now.

this isn't really the place for that post.
    a5cent, JC Mendiola and elmacho like this.
    09-01-2014 12:01 PM
    They should add:
    - Optional category short for all aps view.
    - Detach preditive writing for all others writing options. If annoyring that is you disable predictive writing, also all of others features are disabled too.
    - Dedicated recording app. Onenote isn't good for this.
    - Xbox music - Stop playing when exiting for the app. If I close the app is since i dont like to continue hearing music, not to keep it in the background.
    - Manual sync option for Outlook mail when you have it as main alias in your MS Account.
    - Start page for IE instead of start in last session.
    09-01-2014 01:00 PM
    Update 1 aka debian red is not a big update and we already seen all features added by microsft. but, we can expect little more improvment and more device compatibility for living images feature and auto focous improvement.
    This is complete bull****, sorry. You obviously have not seen Debian Red. Also, do not conflate Update 1 (OS) with Debian Red (new firmware), they do different things.

What Debian Red brings to the table has not been revealed at all.
    09-01-2014 01:07 PM
    This is complete bull****, sorry. You obviously have not seen Debian Red, lol.
    Yes, i havent seen Debian red. but i was just saying to expect.
    apologies.
    And i guess that debian red will be the package of UPDATE 1.
    Last edited by Vicky Krishnatrai; 09-01-2014 at 01:46 PM.
    09-01-2014 01:12 PM
    A feature I would highly like is "Quick Action". (I basically invented the term). Its involves having the option to quickly reply to texts and facebook notifications, without exiting the app or game you are using. Its so frustrating to go to the message app and reply a simple "Yes" or "Lol" to a text, while playing Subway surfers! I know. Its something coming to IOS 8, and I think its already available in some Android, but then again, no harm in borrowing a universally liked concept. They could even implement it better, eg. But giving us an option to like or comment on fb status notifications from the banner. How about a swipe to the left for a "Quick Action"? The WA I visualize it, the swipe would expand the banner downwards, with the space having a text box and/or buttons based on the notifications. Hows the idea and implementation?
    iamakii, powerd and Slovenix like this.
    09-01-2014 01:16 PM
    Yes, i havent seen Dabien red. but i was just saying to expect.
    apologies.
    And i guess that dabien red will be the package of UPDATE 1.
    Actually mate all those features u listed came with the Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 and the Nokia FIRMWARE update for it is Debian Red.
    Like in case of Cyan, where the Windows Phone 8.1 update was the SOFTWARE and Cyan was firmware. One from Microsoft (software) and the other from Nokia (firmware)
    U failed to understand the difference.
    Debian will bring new camera algorithms, better battery lasting and such hardware related features, whereas the GDR2 will bring the probable features that u mentioned i.e. for the OS.
    09-01-2014 01:27 PM
93 123 ...