Sony just did what Microsoft should have done long ago. Step it up Microsoft!

krox1105

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
sony-xperia-z3-363.0.0_cinema_1200.0.jpg

Many of you might have probably read about the new Xperia Z3 tablet compact just announced at IFA 2014, and it's ability to connect to the PlayStation 4 controller and stream games directly from the console itself.

Now, although it might have been better appreciated if MS had done it earlier with the launch of the Xbox One, but it's never too late. Microsoft should also add support for the Xbox 360/One controller in Windows Phone and the ability to stream games from the consoles to it.

C'mon Microsoft, we have been asking for the controller support for ages now!
And the ability to stream games from the Xbox One to Windows phone would not only boost the phone sales, but also the console's!
This might just turn the tide around for both WP and Xbox.

Isn't it something that this community would like to see?

EDIT: Just realized that Windows RT supports the Xbox 360 controller (i don't know if it supports the One controller too). Also, what you see in the image above is a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact connected to a Dual Shock 4 controller via Sony's proprietary mount.

Last edited:

LexTaylor

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
MS are currently working on Windows 9. With that being said they cannot get sidetracked on what Sony is doing , Sony is trying to stay afloat cause their phones are dying out. Why you think they added that feature to connect to the tablet and controller ? lol

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I think MS has already stated that they are working on controller support. I'm sure they will also implement the streaming features. I'll love it.

krox1105

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
MS are currently working on Windows 9. With that being said they cannot get sidetracked on what Sony is doing , Sony is trying to stay afloat cause their phones are dying out. Why you think they added that feature to connect to the tablet and controller ? lol

Well, necessity forced them to innovate :D
I don't care about Sony dying, but the ability play console games on a mobile phone is very futuristic. Mark my word, Sony will receive a very high amount of praise for this feature of it works well.

krox1105

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I think MS has already stated that they are working on controller support. I'm sure they will also implement the streaming features. I'll love it.
I can so imagine playing Pok?mon blue on my Lumia 630 on VBA8 with my wired Xbox 360 controller!
If necessary for this feature, I will even buy a USB OTG adapter.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
C'mon Microsoft, we have been asking for the controller support for ages now! And the ability to stream games from the Xbox One to Windows phone would not only boost the phone sales, but also the console's! This might just turn the tide around for both WP and Xbox.
I get the request from a flexibility standpoint, but realistically, when would you use a controller with a mobile phone?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Sony = one company.
Microsoft = many different mini companies competing viciously with each other = lack of a single vision.
Microsoft could do with ease but they are just too divided, most likely will never happen.

anon(8985111)

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like a good idea. Given the direction MS is reportedly heading with threshold I guess this is something we might see in the near future.

krox1105

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Sony = one company.
Microsoft = many different mini companies competing viciously with each other = lack of a single vision.
Microsoft could do with ease but they are just too divided, most likely will never happen.

Under Satya Nadella, with the recent job cuts for stream lining, and the vision for a "Mobile First, Cloud First World," it might just happen ;)

krox1105

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a good idea. Given the direction MS is reportedly heading with threshold I guess this is something we might see in the near future.

Yes, and this feature will also provide a great reason for the millions of Xbox consoles owners to switch to Windows Phone, and the millions of Windows Phone users to buy the Xbox One instead of the PS4.
It is a cycle, which will bring a lot more people to Microsoft's platform if this feature is implemented and advertised correctly.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I think MS will go with the universal app approach to things with Windows 9, where the game is on your Xbox, Tablet, Laptop, Desktop, and Phone, seems more convenient. This does seem more superior than Sony's way of doing things

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
It's ironic that Microsoft conceived of an "all in one living room device" yet apparently forgot about the possibility that one's family members could use that television to watch TV at a time when you wanted to play games.

It is conceivable for Microsoft to come up with a Universal App that uses Wi-Fi Direct to stream Xbox One games to your Windows device (PC, tablet, phone, laptop, etc) from your Xbox One console.

loofmodnar

Dec 14, 2010
www.loofmodnar.com
I feel like they're already headed in this direction with SmartGlass. Wouldn't connecting the controllers requires special hardware due to the proprietary nature of the wireless connection they use?

krox1105

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
For Wireless controllers? I don't know.
For the Wired controllers? No. They just need to implement the USB On-the-go feature in Windows Phone, and then any device that uses USB and has the drivers available will connect to the phone. It will require a USB OTG adapter, though.

AG VK

Banned
Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I think MS will go with the universal app approach to things with Windows 9, where the game is on your Xbox, Tablet, Laptop, Desktop, and Phone, seems more convenient. This does seem more superior than Sony's way of doing things

It is also impossible. How do you plan to run a game like Watch Dogs or Titanfall on a tablet or desktop?

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Why do you think that the MOGA controller exists?

I was just asking for some real world examples. Would people use it on the train? In the park? Maybe it's designed for people who also don't have a console or a computer for gaming? It just doesn't seem like it would be very popular to me as its use would be extremely limited and the user experience would be nominal at best (at least on phones).

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I don't care about Sony dying, but the ability play console games on a mobile phone is very futuristic. Mark my word, Sony will receive a very high amount of praise for this feature of it works well.

Sony cant even build a decent mobile phone, get the firmware right or look after it's customers when there is a problem.

I used to always have Sony Ericsson then Sony mobiles for nearly 10 years, looking on the official Sony mobile forum at all the reported issue over the last couple of years with the newer phones & how Sony customer ( DONT ) care respond was enough for me to come back to Nokia.

Sony can announce all the gimmicks it wants BUT when it cant get the basic phone to function correctly who is going to care about playing a console game on it?

Everytime Sony announce a new mobile device they promise the moon on a stick, once the device is in the hands of the customers is when the truth comes out that once again Sony has messed it up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo