I read somewhere if you have the 8.1 preview installed you will not get the official release

lzicc

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
See below:

Earlier today, AT&T announced that their Lumia 1520 is now receiving the Lumia Cyan and Windows Phone 8.1 updates. However, it quickly became evident that those with the Preview for Developers installed on their Lumia 1520s did not have an update, but those with Windows Phone 8.0 did. The reason for the discrepancy is Microsoft has put on hold updates for those running the Preview.

As such, those who are on the Preview and who still want the Lumia Cyan update need to downgrade their OS first. This is still Microsoft's position on the situation.

jenni122701

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: I read somewhere if ou have the 8.1 preview installed you will not get the official release

Anyone know if this is correct? I have the L928 running the 8.1 Dev preview. I am not even sure how to downgrade it. I assumed I could just get the official update with no problem once Verizon puts it out there for my phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: I read somewhere if ou have the 8.1 preview installed you will not get the official release

See below:

Earlier today, AT&T announced that their Lumia 1520 is now receiving the Lumia Cyan and Windows Phone 8.1 updates. However, it quickly became evident that those with the Preview for Developers installed on their Lumia 1520s did not have an update, but those with Windows Phone 8.0 did. The reason for the discrepancy is Microsoft has put on hold updates for those running the Preview.

As such, those who are on the Preview and who still want the Lumia Cyan update need to downgrade their OS first. This is still Microsoft's position on the situation.

It's because of bitlocker issue, PLENTY written about it on this forum. I've also read that the issue has been fixed and the update is rolling out, but I forgot for which devices. Your options are to
1) wait
2) use Nokia Software Recovery Tool to flash the official firmware on the phone and update from there. You will lose your (non backed up) data in this case, so make sure to backup. If you restore the WP backup, you'll get everything back except some app settings, passwords and media (whatever is not on OneDrive). Other than that it's a fairly painless process.

How to downgrade the OS on a Lumia Windows Phone | Windows Phone Central Might be of some help...

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

See below:

About three weeks ago I rolled back my 1520 ATT to 8.0 and then updated to 8.1and then cyan without issue. And when 8.1.1 came out updated again, so unless you are on the tail end of the Cyan update for the 1520 you could have gotten it sooner than today, The issue before was bitlocker encryption issues and yes they said you had to downgrade and reload 8.0 to get Cyan and MS's 8.1.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site

AT&T has rolled out the update to those on the 1520 and the developer preview now. They started that I think it was last week. There is an article on it here on the site.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs