Just updated to 8.1 - mail stopped opening and 'search' button doesn't work

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, I've searched around a lot and can't find much on anything.

I updated to Windows Phone 8.1 on my Lumia 1020 (Three UK) yesterday. It seemed fine at first and I needed to re-allow Microsoft to have access to the half dozen or so email accounts I have attached to my phone.

However, it wouldn't allow me to open the mail apps at all - at first I thought it was because one of my accounts was taking ages to sync but even the inboxes that had synced OK weren't working.

What would happen is you press the app and it goes black and then immediately switches back to the app list (as if you've pressed 'back').

Worse, the email settings in system wouldn't open at points either.

I saw some people switching to flight mode to stop the sync and uninstall them, so I've done all that. Re-attached them and they're all synced except the ones where I can't remember the password so they're just sat there. It's still the same.

What's weird is that the emails are clearly coming through because they are popping up in the notification centre - I just can't open the app to get inside.

As for the other issue - the search button has stopped working. I'm presuming this is because it's now mapped to Cortana but it says it's disabled in my region. I've checked all my region and language settings and it's all correct - timezone London, GB region etc etc.

Any ideas on the above? I absolutely don't want to hard reset my phone - wouldn't it wipe any games' progress that weren't cloud saved like The Sims Freeplay is?

Thanks in advance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos