8.1 Update STUCK

Aadesh Gandhi

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello All,
This is now getting worrisome. I am on AT&T and read on wpcentral that Cyan is out. So I started the install while on cellular data. I guess the update at one point said its going to download a 8.0XXXXXX update which will help me in updating to 8.1, I clicked install an let it go. The gears started to move and the bar completed about 10%, I waited and since nothing happened I did a soft reset. That did not change anything. When I did a soft reset again I got battery dead notification, so I plugged in my phone and let it power up, but the phone is still stuck at about 10%. Now after almost two hours and 4-5 soft resets later the update bar is still at the same location... ANY HELP??

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...986&authkey=!APe3V1-ZWTZvjm0&ithint=video,MP4

UPDATE:- I downloaded an installed the Nokia Software Recovery Tool and followed the prompt for " My phone does not start up or respond", it too get stuck on Waiting for phone connection.
Thanks,
AG

Last edited:

glitchinq

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
see i got the updating gears or whatever happened once the update "installed" then my phone turned on normally and it said i needed another update now i keep getting errors

stroilescu

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
I updated my OS yesterday and i tought it's stuck too. Be patient, it might look like it's stuck on 55% when suddenly you'll have it done 'til 80% or something around. Guess i'm not the only one who had this issue. Anyway, everything looks fine now.

Aadesh Gandhi

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Don't do the update using mobile data. Make sure you are on a WiFi network when you update.

Thanks Laura for the reply, I am not sure what the issue was so I slept with a thought that I need to go to AT&T store in the morning. When I woke up around 2 am, it had updated after almost 8 hours. I then downloaded and installed the 8.1 update without any issues. Everything is back to normal now!

Thank you all for the replies.
AG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon