General SD Card questions

Issara62

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone

So I recently got the upgrade is Cyan and there is the option to move apps to SD card. Is there a benefit to this? Does it make anything better?
Also, would upgrading to a faster/bigger SD card make any benefits (speed, responsiveness ect.) to the phone?

(Currently use a L620 and thinking of getting a better micro SD card)

ams963

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Yeah it's very beneficial. People who have maps, games and lots of apps leaving very little phone space for any more, can now move some to SD card or put new ones direct to the card. A faster micro sd card will let faster transfer of files between the PC or other devices and the phone.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
MS gave the option of installing or moving apps/games to the SD card with WP8.1, the reason being the phone has only limited memory. Especially games take up a lot of space. Freeing up memory on your phone would make it faster too.

The best card you could go for is a Class 10 miroSD card for better read and write speeds. Class 6 is also an option but Class 4 is not recommended by Microsoft.

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I bought a 16gb SanDisk MicroSD in argos for my lumia 630 and recently moved some games to it. I think the speed class is only 4. I played subway surfers just there and it took around 30 seconds to load.Once loaded the game played smoothly though, no lag. I only paid 15 euro for this card, so am happy with its performance, slow loading just, but saves on internal memory

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
The benefit you get from moving your apps to sd card is overcoming the limitations of internal memory but you should know that your apps are more likely to run at lesser speeds on the memory cards.
I suggest you store all your heavy tasking apps (especially games) on your internal memory and store everything else on sd card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos