Music files just disappeared!

patrickg25

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I don't think this is an SD card issue as I've had my SD card for years and haven't had any issues with it. I think it's the Xbox music or the Windows phone OS itself. I'm using Lumia 625 with WP DP 8.1 update 1. One day my phone notes I should be careful when removing SD card. I didn't take out the card. It seemed that my SD card had ejected itself. And I think I left that cause I was busy. When I wanted to relax and listen to music 95% of my music files is gone! It's odd because there are like 80? (out of 800+ downloaded songs) left on my card. I removed the SD card with precaution following the note earlier, put it back and voila, really gone. I restarted, soft reset nothing changed. I'm stressed out and disappointed because I had no back up and couldn't recover my songs. I love my songs and I'm frustrated they just disappeared like the wind. Any same experience? Can anybody share tips on how to recover lost/deleted files?

keerthi vasan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Plug the SD card to PC via a card reader and use 'recuva' software to try recovering them.
Download recuva from piriform.com
Not sure if files from SD card can be recovered using it. Better give it a try

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
sorry to bump and old thread but im now having this issue, the last 3 albums i put on my sd play fine but then a few days later they disappear. the folder remains but its empty, any ideas, im using a lumia 1520 with the latest 8.1 preview

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre