How to find hidden files on phone?

Xanek

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have a Nokia Lumia 1020 and I have a sound recording app (Sleep recorder) that saves the file somewhere on my phone, but by default I cannot find the file on my PC ( I do have show hidden files enabled) and I cannot find it through the Files app, and the only way for me to retrieve the file off of my phone is currently to upload it through the cloud.

Does anyone know how to get the file off of my phone in windows 7 or through an app on my phone?

Last edited:

Terry Bernstein

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
It's a good question. And has other repercussions. I've saved a few files that were received as email attachments or downloads . But they seem to vanish without trace when they are supposedly on the phone. Winphone 8.1 seems to have the ability to make files vanish ( I suspect that this happens to files it can't catagorise - one was an .avi and the native player doesn't seem to like these).

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
It's a good question. And has other repercussions. I've saved a few files that were received as email attachments or downloads . But they seem to vanish without trace when they are supposedly on the phone. Winphone 8.1 seems to have the ability to make files vanish ( I suspect that this happens to files it can't catagorise - one was an .avi and the native player doesn't seem to like these).

I have to agree, they probably go to OTHER.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers