Plenty to like about Dailyaha and even more to love

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
So I got a tip from a fellow WPCentraler about a news curator he thought I might want to try. It's called Dailyaha from developer Yisoubi Co. Ltd.

dailyaha.JPG
dailyaha 1.JPG

Dailyaha is a smart and friendly news reader that allows you to follow your favorite news, videos, magazines, and blogs in multiple languages and global regions.

Key features:
- Personalized news reading experience with 3D page flipping effect.
- An extensive list of over 9000 news sources.
- Watch videos in full-screen.
- More choices in font style and text size to fit your reading need.
and more..

I found it to be easy to use and a solid application. If you are a fan of ModernUI as I am, you will especially like how it looks and manages your feeds on Windows 8.1. Very touch friendly.

Finally, although It does have a youthful feel to it, it is well thought out and feels solid. Compared to what you would find in Flipboard, this app does some things much better on the ModernUI side. Unlike the iffy performance you get from Flipboard playing video, this one hasn't missed yet. Not only that, when on the WPCentral feed, if you want to make a comment, this app will allow you to log on, comment and never miss a beat. And best of all, its free. It is worth supporting the dev

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
How does this app compare to Magnify? If one already has Magnify, what is the advantage of getting Dailyaha too?

I think it is a good bit cleaner than Magnify and don't misunderstand me, I like Magnify. But this app has less moving parts than does Magnify and stays smooth from frame to frame. Magnify has a tendency to stutter. But again, to me this is a young app and with a bit of maturity I expect it to mount a serious challenge to Flipboard. I already think it is on par functionally with Flipboard on the ModernUI side. Because I find I cannot do things like have video actually show up when I click play. And when I was reading a Feedly article from WPCentral and wanted to comment, with this app, it went right on in. It is not as graceful with Flipboard IMHO. But I'm still learning my way around it but I like where its going.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I like it so far and I like how it gives me an option to sign into feedly. thought it doesn't sync up to my news that I have on feedly.

Tina_Cheng

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Tried Dailyaha, I personally think Dailyaha is less disturbed comparing to Magnify. Magnify does have cool effects, but I like to focus on reading, meaning the UI/environment should be more clean and calm (Dailyaha does better in these areas).

Here are some user experience and tips that I'd like to share:
1. Just keep in mind that don't add too many news channels cuz it will take a while to complete news updates. I think it should be common sense to most of you.
2. It took me few seconds to find "delete", but no biggie, I like to play with new apps. When I found it (it's under "Manage"), I've also found out that you can move the favorite ones to the very front (least to the very back).

Oh yeah! I forgot to mention, since its an universal app, I've tried the PC version too. I like phone version better and I do use it more often cuz it's more convenient for me.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
@Tina Cheng I find I tend to use the desktop version a bit more because I am a big screen kind of guy but its a very well done app on both platforms. DailyAha sits on my homescreen on my Lumia 920.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
This continues to be one fantastic reading experience. I think it deserves a WPCentral review. But especially on the desktop, it gets 5 full stars.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb