One of the main reasons I switched to windows phone was that Microsoft always supports its operating systems well. I bought my first windows phone last month(August), Within the first week or two, there was a couple of updates applied. I found out then about preview for developers and enrolled on that. What I would like to know is, how often do Microsoft release updates and patches for this ? I am really happy with how my lumia 630 has been running on gdr1, but will Microsoft continue to release patches for this, or do we have to wait for the next big update ?

I am just a bit confused with the scheduling of updates, patches, Windows desktop has patch Tuesday. Does Windows phone just randomly release updates out of the blue unexpectedly ??
    09-13-2014 04:21 PM
    One of the main reasons I switched to windows phone was that Microsoft always supports its operating systems well. I bought my first windows phone last month(August), Within the first week or two, there was a couple of updates applied. I found out then about preview for developers and enrolled on that. What I would like to know is, how often do Microsoft release updates and patches for this ? I am really happy with how my lumia 630 has been running on gdr1, but will Microsoft continue to release patches for this, or do we have to wait for the next big update ?

I am just a bit confused with the scheduling of updates, patches, Windows desktop has patch Tuesday. Does Windows phone just randomly release updates out of the blue unexpectedly ??
    How often? We don't know. They just out of the blue as you say, and there aren't as many like desktop Windows.
    There's no official schedule like Patch Tuesday for Windows Phone.

Don't know if we'll see any patches until the next update.
    but anyways, dont worry about it.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-13-2014 10:58 PM