WP9 to be available for all existing WP8 devices, preview in January 2015

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
And you guys know this is an unconfirmed rumour you are discussing, right? Right? 'Cos later on its going to turn into 'Microsoft promised all phones will get WP9 but they lied, they suck", etc, etc when they have made no official statement on the next version of WP. Just FYI.

We live in a world of Rumors. So Believe in Rumors & hope they will become True.
99% this rumor is going to be true..

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
We live in a world of Rumors. So Believe in Rumors & hope they will become True.

I'd rather believe in what I can and enjoy now instead of living in a dream world because the reality is the entitlement mentality is so prevalent, especially among WP users, that the expectations will be totally unrealistic and will inevitably lead to frustration and disappointment. I think Microsoft are the most stupid, incompetent company who have wasted the potential of WP but even though I have things I would like added I still enjoy using it (apart from the ultimate POS Xbox Music) and am not expecting a free ride like too many seem to do.

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I'd rather believe in what I can and enjoy now instead of living in a dream world because the reality is the entitlement mentality is so prevalent, especially among WP users, that the expectations will be totally unrealistic and will inevitably lead to frustration and disappointment. I think Microsoft are the most stupid, incompetent company who have wasted the potential of WP but even though I have things I would like added I still enjoy using it (apart from the ultimate POS Xbox Music) and am not expecting a free ride like too many seem to do.

Thats your Choice.. But we are different.. We do believe in MS..
For now and then
In which case you have disappointed with MS/WP..
In the matter of Delay in Updates..? Which Mobile Platform is giving you regular updates like this
Just think that.
Before making those comments, think about pros made by MS

If you don't like Microsoft, thats over. No need of commenting here. This thread discuss about Microsoft Windows Phone & WP9

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I think its pretty safe to say the Snapdragon 800 devices will get the next major update, considering its still further along than even newer midrange devices, technology and ability wise.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So they're basically not removing items from the HCL? Wonder what the upgrade cost will be for the retail version when it is available.

You're mixing Windows 9 with Windows PHONE 9. Windows PHONE 9 will come to all WP8 devices free of charge. Mobile Phones.

If Microsoft charges for something, that'll be WINDOWS 9 for the PCs. Separate things, even though they may end up all coming under the "Windows" branding. If Microsoft dared to charge for upgrades on Windows PHONE, they'd be in an even bigger mess than they'll be once the "Nokia" logo disappears from phones.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

I'd probably agree with the lad....think about it MS said themselves that and new phone released will have software support for 18 months....pretty sure one of the many new hardware vendors have released new phones that still use the old S4 Plus chips, so they really can't break a promise can they? Also WP runs well on less powerful hardware

aldridhl

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
It would be great if this was true, but based on how MS has treated it's older products in the past, I don't give too much credit to this.

Many brands, like Zune (software and device) were eventually just dropped.
windows mobile and wp7 users were all left behind, with the only option to get a significant OS update was to buy a newer device.

I know that there was a major (kernel?) shift from wp7 to wp8, but the tendency for MS to push people to "buy up" (even those with relatively recent devices) seems too common over the years to stop now.

AlexFlorin

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I would not be to sure that all WP8.1 Devices get WP8.2. Somewhere i read "all devices that got shipped with 8.1 will get the update" This is a big difference to "all devices which run 8.1".
Well you should think deeper.
At this point most WP devices are shipped with WP 8.1 including the Lumia 520.

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Well you should think deeper.
At this point most WP devices are shipped with WP 8.1 including the Lumia 520.

Lumia 520 is shipped with WP8.0 (Amber/Black). From where did you get a 520 shipped with 8.1.?? The user is meant to update the device after unboxing
The only phones shipped with WP8.1 (Lumia Cyan) is 630,(730/735),830,930, HTC M8 & few other new OEM devices

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
It would be great if this was true, but based on how MS has treated it's older products in the past, I don't give too much credit to this.

Many brands, like Zune (software and device) were eventually just dropped.
windows mobile and wp7 users were all left behind, with the only option to get a significant OS update was to buy a newer device.

I know that there was a major (kernel?) shift from wp7 to wp8, but the tendency for MS to push people to "buy up" (even those with relatively recent devices) seems too common over the years to stop now.

Forget about WP7. Its support has ended.
Its hardware doesn't support 8/8.1
WP8.0 has support until 2017.
So this may be true..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99