Battery Saver - Phone App

Wyndham Boonzaier

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Hello all guru's out there.
I have recently updated to the Windows Phone 8.1, I had an issue that the battery was getting drained. I did my research and found my way through to the battery saver app. I switched off a whole bunch of apps and its improved a bit, however I have a question:

Why does the "phone app" seem like its using all the batter? Attached screenshotwp_ss_20140916_0002.jpg

Many thanks

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello! And welcome to WPCENTRAL. To answer your question. I might need to know about how often you use your phone to talk to others? And the amount of time? My guess is if you talk a lot on your phone that would be why. Or maybe you accidentally dialed your voicemail and it drained your battery. Or you possibly left the phone app open with the screen on. There are many possibilities. Also I would be curious to know the model of windows phone you are using so we can look up the talk time for your phone.

Wyndham Boonzaier

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply,
I use the phone very often, however when looking at the battery saver I have already closed the phone app, that's why I am confused that it looks like its using batter.

The phone is the Nokia Lumia 920

FoolzRailer

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. Everything is disabled and power still keeps draining.
At 100% and battery saver on, it says I only have 23 hours of power left. Should be a bit longer IMO.

FoolzRailer

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
It pretty much fixed itself after a couple of weeks for me. Did a soft reset, but I don't know if that did anything.

Soft reset = Holding down Vol down and lock/power button for about 10 seconds.

My Lumia 920 now holds power for a couple of days with medium usage. So hope yours fixes itself as well. Best of luck!

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre