Nokia Recovery Tool now Installs Lumia Cyan

Cinju

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I wanted to have the Cyan update on my Lumia 625 as I was currently running on DP Update 1 for Windows Phone 8.1 (GDR1) and was not happy with it as have been facing more battery drain. So I decided to run the Nokia recovery tool to downgrade as per the instructions given in one of the threads in WPCentral forum and all the process went through fine. I was expecting the OS version to be Lumia Black (8.0) after the recovery process and after booting I was quiet surprised to see Lumia Cyan (8.1) booting. This had saved me a huge amount of time .

So technically it is directly Installing Lumia Cyan rather than 'Black' when you are using the Nokia recovery tool now which would be a big boon to many who wanted to upgrade to cyan, but was holding back because of the tedious process .

wp_ss_20140917_0001.jpg wp_ss_20140917_0002 (1).jpg

Mods please feel to delete this if this is a cross post as I did not come across the same mentioned anywhere in the forum. Not sure whether this is the appropriate thread too.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure the reason for people refusing to go through this process is the fact that they'd need to perform updates afterwards, but more likely the fact that they lose app settings, game progress and such. That's at least what's holding me back. :)

marcos86

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
So I decided to run the Nokia recovery tool to downgrade as per the instructions given in one of the threads in WPCentral forum and all the process went through fine. I was expecting the OS version to be Lumia Black (8.0) after the recovery process and after booting I was quiet surprised to see Lumia Cyan (8.1) booting.

NRT always install the latest firmware available.

Sometimes the problem is that the new firmware is first available over the air and then via nrt, but it's only a matter of little time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium