Storage Sense does not recognize music files (.mp3 ) on my SD card

rajat_cg

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Recently I have upgraded my micro sd card to Sandisk 32 GB class 10, post this Storage sense on my lumia 720 has stopped recognizing any MP3 files on the SD card and even the Music player has stopped working. I have formatted the card twice but no change. Please help.

Thamarai manalan88

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm also facing the same problem . Even photos album also not showing in photos hub. Pls help.. I got new 16 Gb class 10 card 2 days before.. In storage sense all my music , videos and photos are showing in others folder..

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm also facing the same problem . Even photos album also not showing in photos hub. Pls help.. I got new 16 Gb class 10 card 2 days before.. In storage sense all my music , videos and photos are showing in others folder..

I can't address the OP due to my never experiencing Music App not finding the files...

However, Thamarai... Can you get on a Windows 8 or 8.1 box and connect the phone? Open the Windows Phone App (Metro UI) and it will reindex the media on your card. Storage Sense will now see the files under the appropriate categories and not as "Other."

Windows Phone app for Windows in the Windows Store

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
It is an app for the computer not the phone, it is in the store and you click install ON YOUR 8/8.1 COMPUTER.

Bob

BryanJonathanB

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
i Have Tried this W| No Luck, My Lumia 635 Doesn't Read My MP3 Files Either W| Windows Phone App For Desktop , It Keeps Them In Storage Sense As" Other Files" Instead Of The " Music " Section Even When I Sync W| That .

curseoftheninja

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue on my 1520. I have a class 10 32 GB sd card. When I move the onto the SD card, it stores everything in "Other Files," It also messes up when I try to use the Music player. The bizarre thing is if I go through the Files app and locate the music file, I can play it there. It refuses to play properly in the music player.

I know this post has been dormant, but has anyone found a solution?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Hmm I've been through this multiple times only my 830 and the only way I managed to solve it everyone was starting fresh. It's really a bug that needs to be fixed. Regardless it did not affect my experience, only music and pictures showing up in Other in Storage Sense

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I just want to add myself to the list of people who have this issue. I had an old class 6 64GB card, and I upgraded to a UHS 3 64GB card. I copied over all my files via my pc. Storage sense does not list most of my pictures nor my music under the correct category, just under other. The music shows up in the music player, but most of my pictures that are not under the Pictures folder (they're in a DCIM folder), do not show up in the photos app.

StotheO

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
I've had the same problem with my Lumia 520. I chatted with a Windows mobile support guy and can you believe the guy told me that the only way to have the phone recognize the music was by subscribing to XBox pass thing?! I was outraged, why would I have to pay to listen to the music I already own! This was clearly a lie I later figured, the problem is basically really bad app programing and compatibility.

Some other day I tried syncing again and it recognized the music files! But for no apparent reason... I later synced my music again and WP decided it doesn't want to recognize the music files anymore, again... I still insisted in going through the music app, and noticed some duplicated playlists and started deleting them, then tried to play a song aand it started playing... even though the storage sense classifies my music as "other files", then I noticed the music app started to slowly update the last sync, including the playlists! Very slowly though.

The Music App in WP is really bad and veery slow even if you have a fast Lumia 920, or so I've read. I haven't made the switch to Android hoping Windows 10 will improve the music experience and from what I've read it seems this will receive an extreme makeover, so I'll probably stay in WP and get a Lumia 840, but if I start reading all the negative stuff is still there, then I'll jump to the upcoming Nexus 5 never to comeback to WP. I cross my fingers hoping WP10 isn't another mediocre attempt from Microsoft.

EDIT: WP still hasn't recognized the music files. The music app still plays all the music, but the playlists are not getting read properly, each time the app is opened, the playlists read different songs, but never all of the ones that are supposed to be included.

Last edited:

Sir Lumia-a-Lot

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my 1520. I just picked up a Samsung Pro 64gb card so I could get the video to stop skipping and now my music shows up in the "other" folder even though when I check the File App my music is all in the music folder. Long story short I tried everything. After spending two entire days working on it I downloaded some other music apps to see what they would do and Ifound that the Music Player from Studio 8 worked the best. All my music is there and it played fine. No more error 80070003 codes. No more missing music. Sure the music is still in the "other" folder but I guess I can live with that.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
My storage sense wasn't showing my music as music, and randomly now it is but the Xbox music app still sees none of my songs......3rd party apps see the music fine

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Follow some steps:
1. Switch off the Wi-Fi/dataplan.
2. Head to date+time settings
3. Change the year to 2075(I used it).
(put the automatically time update off after changing year)
4. Restart your phone.(don't confuse with soft reset)
5. After switching on your phone, open Music.(and let the searching go on)
6. Now change the year to current and turn on automatically update.

Enjoy!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923