8.1 Keyboard... Inefficient use of real estate?

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I love the keyboard, but it always annoys me that so much of the screen is used by it. First, the buttons height is a bit oversized, but that's not a big deal. The major disadvantage is the menu band in the bottom and the word prediction band, both of which are so wide. And leave so little real estate for the rest of the screen. On my 925, it's about 60% of the screen height.

The image below shows what I mean. Does this affect you as well?

udebejes

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
You know... Good point, but I wouldn't expect to change until maybe Windows (Phone) 9, and hopefully they give us an option to change it.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Portrait doesn't bother me... It's the lack of reduction in ratio when going to Landscape that irks me.

IMHO, Portrait is for quick typing like web addresses or SMS, Landscape is for longer composition such as email, forum posts and Word.

Ivan Hristov

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm makim so much mistakes when using the portrait keyboard. Just big fingers hitting the wrong letters. I need wider buttons.
Sent from my NOKIA Lumia 820 using Tapatalk

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
? Why do people want wp to be unique and yet still look and act like iphone and android????????????????? Stop comparing them in visuals as they are different entities!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All you want is for wp to f.....g work, full f....g stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
? Why do people want wp to be unique and yet still look and act like iphone and android????????????????? Stop comparing them in visuals as they are different entities!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All you want is for wp to f.....g work, full f....g stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see your frustration, but how does it apply here? No one is comparing, simply providing feedback about the keyboard.

If unique is to have a keyboard take up 60% of the screen, then I'm not sure I'm for it anyways.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs