Hi,

I was wondering if any of you knows, how I can encrypt my Lumia 930? I read that you need actually an Exchange Server ActiveSync policy that required device encryption.

Is there another way, or is this feature not accessible to people that are not connected to Exchange servers that require that feature?

Thanks!
    09-19-2014 12:43 PM
    Hi,

I was wondering if any of you knows, how I can encrypt my Lumia 930? I read that you need actually an Exchange Server ActiveSync policy that required device encryption.

Is there another way, or is this feature not accessible to people that are not connected to Exchange servers that require that feature?

Thanks!
    Creating a corporate exchange trial server and DIY. I saw a guide somewhere
    09-19-2014 06:56 PM
    After iOS and Android L encrypting devices out of the box for all customers, setting up my own Exchange server is a little bit of a stretch for most users. I hope this gets added asap. Thanks for t answer though
    09-20-2014 08:22 AM
    Unless you have the developers preview, Android L won't be available in phones until November or December so Android isn't "encrypting devices out of the box for all" yet.

With iOS 8 and soon Android L already including in this and other kinds of personal privacy features for end users (changing MACs counts), hopefully MS will follow suit and think about making some of these features available in WP for us regular users next year.
    09-20-2014 09:18 PM

With iOS 8 and soon Android L already including in this and other kinds of personal privacy features for end users (changing MACs counts), hopefully MS will follow suit and think about making some of these features available in WP for us regular users next year.
    I hope that, too. They could have been first, though, well, I guess second after BB.
    09-21-2014 12:28 PM