Internet explorer draining battery

Brian Gobrecht

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone else notice this? On 820 cyan latest DP update 8.10.14157.20. Just curious because even sometimes after I get out of IE properly closing it either using the back button or pressing and holding the back button I sometimes get draining after a certain percentage. Doesn't always happen but more often than I'd like. Don't know if this is a bug or not so forgive me if it is and put in right place please :)

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
MY BET is that when a hardware feature (Location for example) is using too much power the phone just attributes the power loss to the app it was running along with. :) I had similar battery drains somehow there are days that consumption will be bad but two days later it will stop and become awesome again don't know why though.!

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm finding IE is a real battery hog since 8.1, phone gets quite warm whilst using it aswell, this didn't happen before. I've got a 1020 with the official 8.1 + cyan.

Bodeanicus

Banned
Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I think it's constantly refreshing tabs in the background, also. Unfortunately, you can't turn tabbing off in IE 10. This is not good, Microsoft.

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I think it's constantly refreshing tabs in the background, also. Unfortunately, you can't turn tabbing off in IE 10. This is not good, Microsoft.

That's interesting. I quite often have more tabs open than I need, because I forget they're there. I'll try only having the minimum open and see if that helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre