Should MS ditch Skype integration into WP for Whatsapp/Facebook messenger integration

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
How so?

The Title is:
...and the OP states

Exactly what it says on the tin... Should Microsoft integrate Facebook.

​What discussion did you want to have happen?

I didn't expect the inane bickering about facebook. I mean people were complaining that Microsoft removed this integration, and now they're complaining at the possibility/idea of this feature being added back.
I'd just like to see all my messaging history in one place. Simple. I chose the most widely used messengers.
Something like, download the app and it integrated a la people hub. You can sync contacts and message them using the basic phone Infrastructure. Anything more complex, "Open in [app of your choice ]

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what Microsoft gets from integrating a 3rd party service into their OS. What is your compelling reason why they should, especially if FB doesn't want to support Windows Phone on their own?

In other words: Why should Microsoft go out of its way to promote another company? To write software for that company? To integrate that company's service into their device?

How does that benefit Microsoft? Why is that not a dangerous precedence (setting the stage for every 3rd party to make a claim that Microsoft needs to devote resources promoting them at no cost to themselves)?

I understand how it benefits Facebook users or Whatsapp users. Why the special treatment for them and not everyone else?

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For the love of all that is holy, let it go, man. You don't "get it", nothing anyone says in this forum is going to make you "get it". Everyone now knows your position, so there's no need to further belabor the point.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If the only answer is just to cater to FB fans then no... I don't get it.

But at the same time no one can explain how it benefits Microsoft to further incorporate a 3rd party that is ambivalent to their mobile system. I have logic, statistics and common sense I present in my posts. But you have won me over (worn me down) and the "I want" explanation rules!!!

I want Microsoft to invest time, energy, money and talent turning my device into a dedicated NBC portal that plays all NBC all the time!!! They should make it a priority and integrate it into as many aspects of the OS as they can. Make mobile IE always open to the NBC web site with no option to select or change the behavior. Make Bing search favor NBC related results and push them to the top always. Open every possible message App or function set to correspond with NBC.

Hallelujah and pass the next special concern that Microsoft can throw their money away supporting!!!!!

​OK bye now. I'm done.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

But at the same time no one can explain how it benefits Microsoft to further incorporate a 3rd party that is ambivalent to their mobile system. I have logic, statistics and common sense I present in my posts. But you have won me over (worn me down) and the "I want" explanation rules!!!

I want Microsoft to invest time, energy, money and talent turning my device into a dedicated NBC portal that plays all NBC all the time!!! They should make it a priority and integrate it into as many aspects of the OS as they can. Make mobile IE always open to the NBC web site with no option to select or change the behavior. Make Bing search favor NBC related results and push them to the top always. Open every possible message App or function set to correspond with NBC.

Hallelujah and pass the next special concern that Microsoft can throw their money away supporting!!!!!

​OK bye now. I'm done.
IOS also integrated FB and twitter, as did my old,BB playbook

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

​OK bye now. I'm done.
Because that's exactly what is being requested

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Because that's exactly what is being requested

Just agreeing with iamtim that everyone should get what they want and Microsoft should bear the cost for all 3rd party services.

I like NBC a whole lot. Tons of people do. Microsoft should make NBC a top priority and expend resources hooking it into the OS. Otherwise all the NBC fans might leave WP or never buy WP.

I'm puzzled why the same logic that applies to FB is not universal. I was assured "I want" is valid enough reason to demand things from Microsoft...

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just agreeing with iamtim that everyone should get what they want and Microsoft should bear the cost for all 3rd party services.

I never said that. But I tire of your self-aggrandizing, wall-of-text posts and I realize that it's pointless trying to explain anything to you. So believe what you will.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sure thing... It's all Groovy.

Let's pile on the special interests now. So far we have: Facebook, Whatsapp and NBC. I'm sure there's lots more things Microsoft can concentrate on as well...

​I think the thread could use more helpful suggestions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo