Anybody else on OS version 14167?

akike

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
My Phone reports OS version 8.10.14167.221 which is at the time of posting newer than what is provided even by the DP program. Currently my phone hasn't got the DP app installed so I haven't gotten any new OS via DP.

Has anybody else got this new OS version? Have you noticed any improvements?

This is how I got this version:
I just upgraded last Friday my 1020 (Latest DP, Lumia Black, Finland CV), to Cyan using Nokia Software Recovery Tool (NSRT) v1.5. I was expecting to see all my live folders go away, but to my surprise they were there. I did not install "Preview for Developers" app at all. The phone went directly to WP8.1 Update.

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
My Phone reports OS version 8.10.14167.221 which is at the time of posting newer than what is provided even by the DP program. Currently my phone hasn't got the DP app installed so I haven't gotten any new OS via DP.

Has anybody else got this new OS version? Have you noticed any improvements?

This is how I got this version:
I just upgraded last Friday my 1020 (Latest DP, Lumia Black, Finland CV), to Cyan using Nokia Software Recovery Tool (NSRT) v1.5. I was expecting to see all my live folders go away, but to my surprise they were there. I did not install "Preview for Developers" app at all. The phone went directly to WP8.1 Update.

Impossible.. What is your Firmware version no.?

akike

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Its cyan update.. There's no way to get update 1 via NSRT.
Well, apparently I got it from NSRT. Doesn't it install both the OS and firmware from scratch? That would mean that the image for Finland CV phones has Update 1 baked in. So far I haven't come up with any other explanation.

akike

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Here are three screenshots right after I had loaded the image with NSRT and restored my backup.

• All folders were there like I had them on DP right from the start
  • Preview for Developers app had not installed. I then cancelled its download, so I do not have it at all now.
  • OS version is 14167

folders_ok.jpgos_version.jpgpfd_not_installed.jpg

akike

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Just noticed that I cannot enable Cortana by setting the phone region to US anymore after getting Cyan+Update 1 from NSRT. I guess this "official" Update 1 does not support that trick. Maybe I need DP to get Cortana again. Bummer =)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss