iOS8 vs WP8.1 vs Android 4.4 vs BB10

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
K nice advice.here after I will use it and report.but I just stated the problem quoted by someone in gsmarena that he is a doctor wp is no good in apps for him .
From Windows phone

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
"But they are not official"
Oh please, you don't have an official file manager for gods sake, and you have no problem using third party ones. But when it comes to WP, Sir wants everything to be official. I get the idea.

As far as file managers go, they have pretty simple functions, they should reliably move files, cut, copy, paste, and if they go one step further they can also zip and unzip files.

An official file manager has no relevance here because most of them do the same thing.

But 3rd party clients however do lack behind official ones, I'm pretty sure apps like MetroTube still show YouTube at a max of 720p and apps like 6tag can't upload prerecorded videos?

Understand my point?

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
But 3rd party clients however do lack behind official ones, I'm pretty sure apps like MetroTube still show YouTube at a max of 720p and apps like 6tag can't upload prerecorded videos?

I'd just like to point out that even if we have official apps, they are lagging behind in features as compared to the other OS', mostly cause of the restrictive condition of WP... sending mp3 files without the workaround on whatsapp for example.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm giving up on 8.1 for a while....Picked up a LG G2 for almost nothing with a broken screen(wireless charging, no need to change my charge setup), waiting for parts to come in to fix it....(about an hour job, a little complex but, after watching the video on youtube, just take your time, it's not that hard).

I've never really used a modern Android device for more than a quick call or a text check but, till Verizon releases Cyan or Denim on the ICON, I will use an Android device for a while...

I guess for a while, it will be nice to get all the apps I am missing....it's where WP lacks...STILL...

I read the review on iOS 8, same old OS just with a few features added....Always hated the look of iOS....so, it's a no go for me.. If I was given a iPhone 6+ ? Yep, ebay it would go....

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm giving up on 8.1 for a while....Picked up a LG G2 for almost nothing with a broken screen(wireless charging, no need to change my charge setup), waiting for parts to come in to fix it....(about an hour job, a little complex but, after watching the video on youtube, just take your time, it's not that hard).

I've never really used a modern Android device for more than a quick call or a text check but, till Verizon releases Cyan or Denim on the ICON, I will use an Android device for a while...

I guess for a while, it will be nice to get all the apps I am missing....it's where WP lacks...STILL...

I read the review on iOS 8, same old OS just with a few features added....Always hated the look of iOS....so, it's a no go for me.. If I was given a iPhone 6+ ? Yep, ebay it would go....

I'm in the same boat. There are certain apps I simply can't do without so I'm on an LG G3 until the software situation improves. I gotta tell you though, this Asus Note 8 I'm typing on right now sure is sweet. I loves me some Wacom.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
As far as file managers go, they have pretty simple functions, they should reliably move files, cut, copy, paste, and if they go one step further they can also zip and unzip files.

An official file manager has no relevance here because most of them do the same thing.

Understand my point?

youtube HD shows in 1080p
anyway why would you want full HD on such a small screen anyway

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I'd just like to point out that even if we have official apps, they are lagging behind in features as compared to the other OS', mostly cause of the restrictive condition of WP... sending mp3 files without the workaround on whatsapp for example.
You can't send mp3 files via WhatsApp on ios,too. At least I couldn't the last time I used an iphone 5.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Understand my point?
6tag does send pre recorded videos. In fact I find 6tag to be better in terms of design and performance gar better as compared to its Android counter part.
Metrotube shows vids at 1080p, what are you talking about? Plus you can download vids on YouTube HD, and save them to any location. You can't do this on the official YouTube app on Android. I would say it is reverse. Third party apps have a lot more functionality than the official ones, this is true for any OS.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I use Windows phone and enjoy it, but Android has a far better market and is open source.
Open source doesn't automatically mean better. It means anyone can access the the code with which the OS was written, and its very very easy to develop malware for it. Currently the number of infected Android phones outnumbers the no. Of infected PCs.
This is a representation of how insecure Android is as compared to WP and ios.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I don't know why some of them think that all the apps are better in Android or ios, has anyone tried running apps on their low end wps & low end Androids, then you'll clearly understand the difference.(I am not talking about half baked apps in WP, they are due to lack of attention from developers). The average ratings of the apps common in Android,iOS & WP, wp are rated the highest, second is iOS & third android. If anyone is reading the wpcentral blogs everyday from a long time, they know this. I've seen many Android phones hang when they run certain apps/games(forget about lagging). That's definitely not the case in wp/iOS. Android may have infinite features more than WP, but they still lag, & might still get a virus. What's the point in having more features, when your phone still lags. That's most common with low end Android devices.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I don't know why some of them think that all the apps are better in Android or ios, has anyone tried running apps on their low end wps & low end Androids, then you'll clearly understand the difference.(I am not talking about half baked apps in WP, they are due to lack of attention from developers). The average ratings of the apps common in Android,iOS & WP, wp are rated the highest, second is iOS & third android. If anyone is reading the wpcentral blogs everyday from a long time, they know this. I've seen many Android phones hang when they run certain apps/games(forget about lagging). That's definitely not the case in wp/iOS. Android may have infinite features more than WP, but they still lag, & might still get a virus. What's the point in having more features, when your phone still lags. That's most common with low end Android devices.
Exactly. On low end androids like micromax canvas 2,HD, karbonn titanium s5 lag with specs better than Lumia 520. It takes 5 seconds to open the dialler lol 😁 Anybody living in India must have seen this many times.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Exactly. On low end androids like micromax canvas 2,HD, karbonn titanium s5 lag with specs better than Lumia 520. It takes 5 seconds to open the dialler lol 😁 Anybody living in India must have seen this many times.

My friends note 3 lags!
Yes Indians know androids better. Lol:p

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
6tag does send pre recorded videos. In fact I find 6tag to be better in terms of design and performance gar better as compared to its Android counter part.
Metrotube shows vids at 1080p, what are you talking about? Plus you can download vids on YouTube HD, and save them to any location. You can't do this on the official YouTube app on Android. I would say it is reverse. Third party apps have a lot more functionality than the official ones, this is true for any OS.

Could you please show me a little bit of proof that 6tag can indeed send videos from your gallery? Because last time I tried it I could only send a video that I had recorded through the app itself.

I've used 6tag, it's a great 3rd party client but the performance, transitions and animations and design IMO doesn't even come close to the Android/iOS counterparts.

Where does MetroTube say that it shows 1080p footage, because it it simply says "HD" it means 720p not 1080p, the Android app supports 1080p and 1440p.

That's exactly the reason why Google could easily get most 3rd party clients removed! Because downloading or saving videos is against the terms of service!

And no 3rd party clients for the most part don't have nearly as much functionality, there are few exceptions.

Open source doesn't automatically mean better. It means anyone can access the the code with which the OS was written, and its very very easy to develop malware for it. Currently the number of infected Android phones outnumbers the no. Of infected PCs.
This is a representation of how insecure Android is as compared to WP and ios.

Actually many security experts place Android over Windows Phone, and frankly your statement about there being more infected Android than PCs is total BS.

Open source doesn't make Android any less secure, it makes Android simply more "Open." And this is why most of the innovation you see today comes from, not iOS or Windows Phone, but by Google, OEMs or the people that took advantage of Android being open source and added the features they wanted.

Just as a fair reminder, low end Windows Phones are also prone to lagging from time to time, add to that the amount of apps(more specifically games) that aren't optimized for 512 MB of RAM.

What apps are you talking about? Apps on iOS are generally the most polished, apps on Android are generally the most functional, Windows Phone has barely anything going for it apart from maybe a few nice UI elements. What apps have higher ratings on the Windows Phone Store and have you ever cared to think why? It's not because of how much better the app is on Windows Phone (it's not) but it's because of how many Android users are out there and the huge amount of devices.

The likeliness of virus is almost non existent, but obviously if you start installing apps from unknown sources(which you can't do on WP) you could possibly be exposed to a virus, but that's your fault and not Google's.

Lastly, Windows Phone devices do lag as well in the low end side. Quite painfully so.

Oh my God, Micromax and Karbonn devices are some of the cheapest pieces of s*** that you'll ever find, just because of a few OEMs like that you can't bash all of Android.

Plus my low end 520 didn't perform any better than an Android device of similar price, I mean the 520 would start lagging like hell if my I typed too much in the Tapatalk app and the dreaded "resuming" was also very very annoying oh and also how when an app crashed, the whole system crashed with it.

My friends note 3 lags!
Yes Indians know androids better. Lol:p

Again, that's Samsung. Not all OEMs put on a laggy interface.

If Samsung was the only OEM out there making Android devices then you could say all of Android is laggy, but Samsung isn't the only one.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
@salmanahmed

I already told you before, don't comment negatively about apps without trying them out for yourself. First download both the apps and then give your review please.

Well,metrotube and YouTube HD have been there since 2 years,I don't see them getting removed any time soon.

I would like to disagree here. 3rd party apps do offer more functionality than original ones, there are infinite number of cases like this.

Yeah right. Search for antivirus in the WP store. No result. In play store? Lots. Face it, you need an antivirus to run Android securely. As for calling my statement bs, look at this-
http://wmpoweruser.com/infected-android-phones-now-outnumber-infected-pcs-on-mobile-networks/

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
@Salman Ahmed regardless of what you say, I still stand by my statement as anyone can can have access to the code, not just OEMs and Google. Would you like to have the key of your house with yourself, or in the hands of every stranger you meet?

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Having used WP8.1 and Android kitkat thoroughly, I would give the OS edge to Android is every aspect including speed and functionality, WP exceeds in UI design. That's my opinion, from using a
1020 and nexus 5.

Posted via Nexus 5 WPC App

anon8855939

May 15, 2014
Visit site
@Salman Ahmad

3rd party app LOL

You can't say that about secret and 6cret.

Even 6cret works more good than secret original

Who "security experts"? Are you talking about the folks who sells mobiles and do mobile recharge

Ah yes making android open is cool. It gives us cyanogen MiUi etc

And innovations Google warned a lot of time to is developers to not use windows phone and ui in there app. Yes apps on Android are more polished that's why Facebook app eates so much memory even it's closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb