iOS8 vs WP8.1 vs Android 4.4 vs BB10

Status
Not open for further replies.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I dunno man I just used your beloved google search and just typed phone malware,no sign of ios,WP or bb10

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=phone+malware&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

Seems proof enough to me

What is the percentage of Android users? How many of them complain about viruses?

Has this ever occurred to you maybe?

If Android was as malware ridden, laggy why did people not stop purchasing Android devices and simply move to the perfect Windows Phones?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
What is the percentage of Android users? How many of them complain about viruses?

Has this ever occurred to you maybe?

If Android was as malware ridden, laggy why did people not stop purchasing Android devices and simply move to the perfect Windows Phones?
Dude just mozy on over to the sister site AC. They will welcome you with open arms. You are probably qualified to be an Ambassador over there, here you are just coming off as a ******.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
@Salmanahmad for arguements sake ill show you how to put down windows phone,the correct way,not the vague way you do

here goes-

"microsoft!! its 2014,symbian was released more than 17 years ago and when it was discontinued in favour of windows phone i would have expected it to get features which symbian already had...

pureview came soo long ago on symbian ,why so late for wp

Hdmi was present in meego and symbian,why not include it in wp

OTG debuted in symbian,why is it missing from wp despite the hardware supporting it

notification centre debuted in maemo,meego,symbian,windows mobile and blackberry(in a way) ,why was it late on wp

1gb ram support was already there on symbian ,why was it late for wp

file manager debuted on windows mobile,blackberry os,palm,symbian,meego,maemo ,why was it late for blackberry"

and so on

this is how you argue against windows phone and some of them are geniune concerns for alot of us
you dont have to put android for every arguement and act as though android was invented a million years ago
and if someone asks how to setup an email id on wp,ios,bb10,the correct answer is not "android"
no offense to anyone btw,just making a parody :D :p(not all points are completely logical or "against" wp)

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
[WARN]There is a very good reason this thread isn't in "Phone Wars" or "Other OSs" section of WPCentral. Can anyone have an educated guess? Hint: We don't want to talk about other OSs here. If that's all you can contribute, this isn't really your thread trust me.[/WARN]

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
What is the percentage of Android users constantly posting on WP forums?
Don't know, but just one of them posts more than enough for them all!

Seriously we get it, you love Android. But strangely enough some of us here on the WINDOWS PHONE forums actually prefer, funnily enough, Windows Phone.

I know, crazy.

mark2410

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
i dont think there is a problem in preferring one over another, its when people get all religious and blind about the one they like. nothing is all things to all people somethings wp does well but some it doesnt and when someone says i dont how wp does xyz its a fair comment. some people act like they just punched their child in the face.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
What is the percentage of Android users constantly posting on WP forums?
Don't know, but just one of them posts more than enough for them all!

Seriously we get it, you love Android. But strangely enough some of us here on the WINDOWS PHONE forums actually prefer, funnily enough, Windows Phone.

I know, crazy.

Whats actually humorous is the discussion (title of thread) lead to the understanding that the overall conversation is to talk about ALL OS's available, their differences and obviously rejoice WP in what has been accomplished. However, scanning through just the last 2 pages here it seems any minor debates raised that dont favor WP are quickly dragged down by defensive ramble (malware a major problem and all "android users have it", seriously?...). I am a renewed Android user (of 2 weeks now), after being a long time WP7/8/8.1 user...I had my reasons to leave, but thoroughly enjoy (a lot, maybe not ALL) conversations and this community. Does this mean I shouldnt post on this forum anymore? "But why are you still on WP forums if you own an Android?" Because I take a great interest in mobile technologies and enjoy this community...however with the large number of open-minded conversations and users comes to 'attack everyone who doesnt LOVE WP' mentality. Sure, we have the specific Android guy creeping up here and bashing WP frequently but please do not believe that is ALL Android users visiting this site.

Anyway, i just wanted to point this out. I can respect that everyone on this site prefers WP over other OS's, thats pretty self explanatory. I wouldnt go bashing WP here, but i would like to give my opinion where they're welcome. If Android users arent welcome, ill kindly leave. "Why dont you just go to androidcentral?" In all honesty, i just prefer this community for discussions.

UPDATE: sorry just noticed @rockstarzzz warning post, so i guess other OS talk isnt welcomed. Ill stick to just the Phone Wars section of the site.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
@chezm ofcourse we dont bash every android user(or superuser lol :D :p) who comes here
we only bash those who hate wp and cant accept limitations and pros of every os and "prescribe" android to any thread even if the op wants help setting up an email id or something :)
android is a nice os so are wp and ios etc but calling one superior over the rest is wrong

just thought id clear the confusion :)

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
@chezm ofcourse we dont bash every android user(or superuser lol :D :p) who comes here
we only bash those who hate wp and cant accept limitations and pros of every os and "prescribe" android to any thread even if the op wants help setting up an email id or something :)
android is a nice os so are wp and ios etc but calling one superior over the rest is wrong

just thought id clear the confusion :)

Hahaha....
Do I need to post your comments on Android here?

I don't know users who calls Android is superior but I know users who called WP superior and name Android OS as lagdroid, malware etc

You also hate Android, Google and every Google services which you mentioned in various thread.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Some of you are just itching to get this thread closed so you can start another.

Lather, rise, repeat.
Lather, rise, repeat.
Lather, rise, repeat.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I, like you, no longer use WP. I still have my trusty Lumia 820 and keep it updated because I like WP, but it is not my daily driver for reasons that are my own. That said...

the large number of open-minded conversations and users

Where are you finding either of those? From my chair, all that I see towards anyone that doesn't unequivocally put WP up as the most innovative, most reliable, and best mobile OS despite obvious shortcomings is usually labelled an "iSheep" or a "fandroid".

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The funny part of this thread is that no one has mentioned BB OS10. An excellent OS that was ripped apart at launch by the "experts" who didn't know how to use the gestures and doomed to fail because they didn't have a gazillion apps available at launch. For webOS refugees like myself, it was the obvious choice since Meego was no-go (stillborn) thanks to Eflop.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
The funny part of this thread is that no one has mentioned BB OS10. An excellent OS that was ripped apart at launch by the "experts" who didn't know how to use the gestures and doomed to fail because they didn't have a gazillion apps available at launch. For webOS refugees like myself, it was the obvious choice since Meego was no-go (stillborn) thanks to Eflop.

i did i just bought a Z10 to supplement my 720
BB10 is a highly under estimated OS,wish people realized the amount of effore blackberry took to add soo many gestures and features which is missing on every other platform
such as the swipe to the left on the keyboard to delete stuff
or even BB Passports new keyboard ,touch sensitive and mechanical

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Hahaha....
Do I need to post your comments on Android here?

I don't know users who calls Android is superior but I know users who called WP superior and name Android OS as lagdroid, malware etc

You also hate Android, Google and every Google services which you mentioned in various thread.

keep dreaming
i give credit where due
i own a nexus 5,L720,L820 and a BB Z10
i know which one has what limit
i dont prefer google because they have turned into a hungry company
you,salmanahmad and that visa declined guy cant accept androids shortcomings which is why every one has to list them out for you in every thread
if i was a windows phone ****** explain why im supposedly also an ios,aosp,BB10,meego,maemo,symbian ****** as well

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I never even saw a webOS smartphone in a carrier store, much less in the wild (then again I didn't go looking for any and didn't use Sprint). I do know someone who an HP Touchpad.

I was one person who failed with the gestures of BB10. I picked up a Z10 in a T-Mobile store shortly after it was released and couldn't figure out how to open the browser after fumbling around for 15 minutes, so I put it down and walked out of the store.

I am able to pick up iPhones/Androids and use them without reading any manuals, so a device that requires one to read a manual is a no-go for me. I haven't touched a BB10 device since then and won't now (since I'm done with physical keypads), and it looks like BlackBerry is done with touchscreen devices.

Last edited:

bonghy90

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
keep dreaming
i give credit where due
i own a nexus 5,L720,L820 and a BB Z10
i know which one has what limit
i dont prefer google because they have turned into a hungry company
you,salmanahmad and that visa declined guy cant accept androids shortcomings which is why every one has to list them out for you in every thread
if i was a windows phone ****** explain why im supposedly also an ios,aosp,BB10,meego,maemo,symbian ****** as well

Some people just can't stomach the fact that their choice turned out to be the wrong choice. That's why they need to vent out their frustration and hope that others will follow their opinions and end up frustrated too. Take it easy.

As so many people have said, every os has its strengths and weaknesses. However, when it comes to fluidity(we are talking long term here), windows phone and ios tend to have the upper hand. Android tries to accomplish too much, resulting in the lag every user experiences.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I never even saw a webOS smartphone in a carrier store, much less in the wild (then again I didn't go looking for any and didn't use Sprint). I do know someone who an HP Touchpad.

I was one person who failed with the gestures of BB10. I picked one up in a T-Mobile store shortly after it was released and couldn't figure out how to open the browser after fumbling around for 15 minutes, so I put it down and walked out of the store.

I am able to pick up iPhones/Androids and use them without reading any manuals, so a device that requires one to read a manual is a no-go for me. I haven't touched a BB10 device since then and won't now (since I'm done with physical keypads), and it looks like BlackBerry is done with touchscreen devices.

You mean they're done with all-touchscreen devices. I don't blame BB for re-introducing physical keyboards since they may as well try to get some of their faithful back. The BB Classic due later this year is even bringing back the send/end buttons AND the trackpad. I don't know why since OS10 is a gesture driven UI.

It's funny you mention never having used a webOS device but you're using its spirit everyday. Swipe-to-delete emails, swipe away notifications, swipe gestures to close apps were all hallmarks of webOS and remember it was launched in the summer of '09. Contact integration with social media was practically invented with Synergy and I've yet to see it being done better than Palm's version. Here we are 5 years later and these features are becoming ubiquitous on all platforms. Glance? We called a more feature-rich version of that "Exhibition" which came with webOS 2.0 right when HP purchased Palm. Downright shame the hardware was such utter garbage.

jonnaver

Banned
Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Some people just can't stomach the fact that their choice turned out to be the wrong choice. That's why they need to vent out their frustration and hope that others will follow their opinions and end up frustrated too. Take it easy.

As so many people have said, every os has its strengths and weaknesses. However, when it comes to fluidity(we are talking long term here), windows phone and ios tend to have the upper hand. Android tries to accomplish too much, resulting in the lag every user experiences.
Better than not trying to accomplish enough and sitting in single digit market share. Guess which approach is winning?

jonnaver

Banned
Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
I think this is a fallacy. It was created by Apple. Google got involved in furthering it as they neared App parity with iOS. Tech media pundits hammer on this point and users keep saying it. That doesn't make it true or even a majority opinion. I hear few users (outside of these sorts of stilted forum discussions) boasting how many Apps they have on their phone and how many are available for install.

It's a matter of perspective and also one of deception. Apps feed into UX, but not necessarily as the main component. Who stays with a mobile OS that makes them miserable just because it has so many Apps? Now... being heavily invested in an ecosystem makes a bigger difference. It becomes burdensome to move all your data, cloud backup, media and settings... Agreed. But actual App count in a store? How many Apps can you use in a day? In a week? In a month? How many Apps are downloaded and quickly forgotten? Or uninstalled because they really don't accomplish what the user wants? Or behave as desired?

Use as many Apps as you can for a whole year... Go ahead. Start alphabetically. In a year you wouldn't use more than a fraction of the 1,375,751 Apps on Google Play*.

"Apps carry a higher amount of weight than anything else," may work as a personal statement for some, but not as a generalization. @jonnaver - How many of your phone purchase decisions have honestly been driven by App count or need for one specialized App? I talk to people about phones all the time, I rarely hear about such a thing... Statistically, from my unscientific sample, it is way less than 10%.

App quantity or need for one particular App has never defined what phone or tablet purchase I've made. Overall User eXperience (UX) has always been a deciding factor and let the App situation fall where it may...

App quantity as a driving force for mobile device purchase makes little sense in the long term. "I hate this device, but man, I have like twenty seven file managers on this bad boy!" Really? Is that how consumers determine where they spend significant amounts of money? Tech is not cheap. Unless you are a tech journalist that gets handed devices for free all the time, App parity is probably not the number one priority on your shopping list. UX and enjoyability, reliability and hardware spec; these make more fiscal sense as determining factors. I for one don't want to plunk down hundreds of dollars on something I hate navigating around on and which holds little aesthetic value for me in terms of interface. You can throw as many free versions of Angry Birds as you want on top of a mess and it won't sway me one bit...

For good measure, here's a recent breakdown; Smartphones: So Many Apps, So Much Time showing the average number of Apps installed on a phone and the narrow focus of what most App use accomplishes. Sort of puts a real world minimization on how important Apps actually are to most users.

*Updated 24 Sept, 2014: Number of available Android applications - AppBrain
That's quite a speech, but whether you choose to believe it or not, most people obviously are buying where the apps are and developers are going where the buyers are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077