Denim update to NOT provide speed improvements for older phones?

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
This is a few days old, but I was reminded by this when reading Daniel's recent Iphone 6 comparison. Apparently Denim will not provide the expected speed improvements to older phones due to the older (and slower) chipset they run on:

While it has been made clear in official posts that all awesome features of Lumia Denim and Lumia camera like Moment capture, Dynamic flash, 4K video, Auto HDR are only meant for Lumia 930, Lumia 1520, Lumia Icon and Lumia 830. But, worse news is that even the camera speed improvements are not coming to Lumia 1020 as of now. The above tweet from Juha confirms that the processing power of last-gen S4 processors used in Lumia 1020 may be the culprit.

Updated: Lumia 920, Lumia 925 & Lumia 1020 won’t get the camera speed improvements with Lumia Denim | NPU

Thoughts? I know I'm even happier now to have moved on from the 928 to the Icon.

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it's unfortunate but, if the hardware can't do it, it can't do it. Software and ROM changes can do a lot but they cannot add hardware capabilities.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro