Windows Phone is useless

Status
Not open for further replies.

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Really Microsoft just give up. There's no point on keeping this clown show going any longer. People are getting sick of the lack of apps, the half thought out apps, and the apps that just plain don't work.

Come on Microsoft why release Skype for WP when it can't even receive calls in the background? Why? What was the point. Why include it in 8.1? Skype is totally useless thanks to your OS. I hear it works great on Apple and Android.

Just end it. Do something else. Microsoft doesn't have to have a phone. Poor Nokia died because of WP, why the hell did you buy the corpse?

jharr100

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Its not that bad...i think whatever major next release will be better and it will also be the determining factor for may of the so called fanboys here...if 9 sucks I'm out...9 needs to be the most comprehensive OS out on the market not just something to compete with Apple and Android in some areas...I think three tries is good enough

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft's forays into mobile have been meeting with resistance since... Forever. It goes back to the Pocket PC days. They trailed Palm by coming to the party too late. Every retooling since has seen them enter behind the front runners as a dark horse...

FWIW I still have an iPAQ rx3115 and it it still works well every time I fire it up.

​I think most people don't get it. A strong work horse beats a flashy stallion that requires constant rein input or an expensive thoroughbred that is too precious to get it's hooves muddy.

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Really Microsoft just give up. There's no point on keeping this clown show going any longer. People are getting sick of the lack of apps, the half thought out apps, and the apps that just plain don't work.

Come on Microsoft why release Skype for WP when it can't even receive calls in the background? Why? What was the point. Why include it in 8.1? Skype is totally useless thanks to your OS. I hear it works great on Apple and Android.

Just end it. Do something else. Microsoft doesn't have to have a phone. Poor Nokia died because of WP, why the hell did you buy the corpse?

Next time use the correct end to speak with!! All the talk about apps isn't MS fault, the DEVS are the ones who make the apps not MS so if you're gonna spit shyte at least it doesn't have to smell so bad. If WP is so bad why do people still have a phone that's 2 yrs old in the L920 and the ONLY thing missing from it is a quad core chip!!! THAT'S THE ONLY PIECE OF HARDWARE MISSING FROM THE L920. Don't go telling me about in the US it's because of contracts that's why the L920 is still used, ya know what WP is used more outside the US than in it and there are millions of WP owners around the world who still choose that OS over IOS and ANDROID.

Titaniumgiant

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Next time use the correct end to speak with!! All the talk about apps isn't MS fault, the DEVS are the ones who make the apps not MS so if you're gonna spit shyte at least it doesn't have to smell so bad. If WP is so bad why do people still have a phone that's 2 yrs old in the L920 and the ONLY thing missing from it is a quad core chip!!! THAT'S THE ONLY PIECE OF HARDWARE MISSING FROM THE L920. Don't go telling me about in the US it's because of contracts that's why the L920 is still used, ya know what WP is used more outside the US than in it and there are millions of WP owners around the world who still choose that OS over IOS and ANDROID.

Exactly. Very well said.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Useless, really? You keep using that word... I do not think it means what you think it means.

Of course, this is coming from the same guy who was about to throw out all his Windows 8 machines because Microsoft had the audacity to add a title bar and upper-right corner "X" on Windows Store apps when used with a keyboard and mouse.

herbertsnow: the undisputed king of rage-gasms.

*yawn*

dpaynewp

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Wow - interesting opinions, of course you can choose to move to whatever mobile platform you desire.

However,

1. Skype receives calls in the background just fine - I use it everyday. Does it have all of the functionality available that ios and android versions have, no not yet, but I believe it will.

Microsoft of course is in the business of providing software and services across a large number of platforms, and yes sometimes that means that the newer windows phone platform trails in releases - but it certainly isn't unusable and will only get better as it matures.

2. Apparently you are not aware that Nokia was all but dead prior to Microsoft's investment.

johaas

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Why do so many of these threads exist? Go to the ecosystem that makes you happy. Life was miserable for me back when I was with Android on an original Samsung Galaxy S...switched to Windows Phone and never looked back. It's perfectly fine that your mileage may vary. I think the word "useless" is overly harsh, but whatever.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Please, do take note that when you declare something as "useless," please do take note of the fact that you're effectively saying that it cannot be used for any purposes whether for producing or consuming content.

In this case, it would only be applicable if Windows Phone crashed every time it opens an app, considering the fact that there are already apps for both producing and consuming content preloaded on the device. Fortunately for Windows Phone users, it does not do this, so I can't day that it's useless.

(Please, use different terminology. Thank you.)

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Aliens.jpg

Mmmm...
I think space aliens are causing a little bit of disdain lately.
It comes and goes more UFO sightings equal more fear and anger.

Watch the skies everyone!

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I never used an android phone in my life. In fact the lumia 520 is the first smart phone I ever owned. Before that I had a Nokia candy bar phone that I used for almost 6 years.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site

Lol, again. Blame your favorite dev's for their poor work on the Windows phone platform those who do k0de for Windows Phone. And curse those who don't k0de and participate.

Lol, Rip, Rip, Rip doggy. Tools and support are available only if your lazy dev's would take the time to use it. **** your dev"s are to lazy to hire some help when k0de that they don't understand is presented to them.

Soft *** dev"s.

Don't blame MSFT blame your developers. Them lazy bastards.

Rip, Rip, Rip, Developers you support are jokes. Like the joker on a Batman movie. Lol.

Question why do you support these jokers?

Lol

Last edited:

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site

I'm glad to see you think this way. I've been wanting a backup phone and since you hate yours, please send it to me. I'll be happy to pay the shipping charges to Arizona. PM me if you want to take advantage of my offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium