I reaally wish Blackberry to join WINDOWS PHONE, just a thought

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
That looks like one of the most awkward form factors in a phone I've seen since the Kin.
The blackberry passport....they went with a 1:1 (1440x1440 i think) resolution for some odd reason, possibly for the benefit of the external keypad...but...yes its weird.

Besides they sort of already teamed up with WP (and android and ios) BBM is available on all major platforms and that was more or less all that they were good for anymore.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure that 8.1 would look good on the passport. I wouldn't mind the Z series sporting WP though.

As for the form factor, yes, its ugly and stupid, but they did it to make it big enough to be used as a smartphone, but still have a physical keyboard, and it can supposedly view 50% more characters at a time for hammering out emails. It's not something that will save them.

Dhileepudu Jambula

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Oh My God, I like big phones may its just me who liked it...

But I know its kind of awkward and I do know that BB share is very low but it just adds one more news/benefit that BB has joined WP and they will be making only WP phones from now as I can still see some offices/organisations were having BB phones.

I have wrote another thread too like all the phablets (Note/LG/Sony) release WP version as how HTC One M8 has then it would be really AWESOME...

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
BlackBerry still has some key security features. I personally think the company should focus exclusively on the enterprise market.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Blackberry had it's time in the sunlight, it was the top in the corporate world for many years, they had a lock on that market, even when the iPhone hit. Their biggest flaw ? It was taking 10 years for OS 10, after it hit, we already had Windows Phone out and it was their doom. It was completely their fault for taking so long to release their next OS...

I don't think this phone will gain the market place, there always will be some BB fans who will only own a BB device and that's cool but, BB's biggest market has moved on iPhones, Android and Windows Phone (to some extent), I actually decommissioned a old Black Berry server the other day (yea, you needed a server for just blackberry, as if you have exchange server, you don't need anything extra).

It's a different design for a phone but, from what I have read, it will not take over the world, in fact most reviewers I saw thinks it's a joke...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12