Can you copy apps over from one windows phone to another?

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I still have metrotalk running and will not give up this phone until there is an acceptable google voice app to replace it, unless there is a way I can copy the metrotalk app to the new phone. Does anyone know if this is possible?

rkarolak

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
You're going to be waiting for a long time, considering that Google is pulling the APIs for Google Voice. Eventually even MetroTalk will stop working. :/

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
You're going to be waiting for a long time, considering that Google is pulling the APIs for Google Voice. Eventually even MetroTalk will stop working. :/

What do you mean? I thought they already locked down the APIs? Or do you mean they will actually be killing Google Voice altogether?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean? I thought they already locked down the APIs? Or do you mean they will actually be killing Google Voice altogether?

They killed third party APIs and whatever open standards used IIRC.
Google Voice might actually be rolled into Hangouts, but I'm not the best informed on that rumor.

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
It's been widely documented that google is merging GV into Hangouts. What I'd like to know is what rkarolak means with metrotalk eventually not working.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99