Swipe down on lock screen to open camera.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
That's what I do now using actions as the Camera is in my Quick Actions; well, one touch extra but no big deal. No need to interfere with lock screen apps.

Trevor Wolfe

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
It wouldn't interfere obviously you guys have never used this feature on a surface before. And there are more people without camera buttons than with them.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
The Surface doesn't have third party lock screen apps which is not obvious to you.

It would need an API change and please when people don't go your way don't make assumptions.

Sent from my Cherry Mobile Alpha Luxe

rpac78

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Can't you set camera on your action center? That's what I did even though I have a camera button on my 1520. It feels a bit faster to me. So it's swipe down, press button.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
It wouldn't interfere obviously you guys have never used this feature on a surface before. And there are more people without camera buttons than with them.

Yeah, that's why the action center has the camera option. Interesting feature request, but not one I see the need to add. Now, if they were to say add 4-5 customizable buttons to the bottom of the Lock Screen, for quick opening of apps (for me, Camera and WPCentral would be two of mine), that would be interesting. ;)

Trevor Wolfe

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
It has nothing to do with having lock screen APIs. literally you swipe down on the lockscreen and the camera opens. If you havent tried it on a surface do so before commenting. It is very fast and fluid and much better then using a toggle.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
It has nothing to do with having lock screen APIs. literally you swipe down on the lockscreen and the camera opens. If you havent tried it on a surface do so before commenting. It is very fast and fluid and much better then using a toggle.

I have my Surface RT right beside me. I know the feature you're speaking of, and I don't agree that it's "much better than* using a toggle." Sorry, sir.

Trevor Wolfe

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Well it will probably make its way over as they converge the operating systems. Not sure why you guys are so against this. Definitely better to only have one step then two.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I have two Surface tablets and I know what you're talking about and that's why I said one can do it right now with Windows phone via the action center. If you haven't tried, you should.

Trevor Wolfe

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I have two Surface tablets and I know what you're talking about and that's why I said one can do it right now with Windows phone via the action center. If you haven't tried, you should.

You have to swipe down and tap toggle rather than the swiping just bringing you into the camera. The point here is that Microsoft needs a little more consistency across its platforms. And one step is better than two.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
You have to swipe down and tap toggle rather than the swiping just bringing you into the camera. The point here is that Microsoft needs a little more consistency across its platforms. And one step is better than two.

The Windows phone experience is more consistent. You should know the inconsistencies with the Windows 8 implementation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stilo602

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
You wouldn't give up on notifications because you are swiping down on the lock screen not from the top bezel down. It would allow you to take a picture while your phone would still be locked like in Windows 8. I agree fully with Trevor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes