07-06-2015 01:24 PM
45 12
tools
    Everyone should vote for the ability to swipe down on the lock screen to open up the camera like in windows 8. It works very fluid and would be a great addition for those that don't have a dedicated camera button. Heck I have a dedicated camera button and would still love to have this feature. Please vote on uservoice link below.

Swipe lockscreen down to launch camera – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone
    Makm likes this.
    09-26-2014 02:03 AM
    Anyone?
    09-26-2014 03:27 AM
    That's what I do now using actions as the Camera is in my Quick Actions; well, one touch extra but no big deal. No need to interfere with lock screen apps.
    09-26-2014 03:57 AM
    Or you could just hold the camera button at the lockscreen and it will vibrate and load up?
    Aresjr21 and Kram Sacul like this.
    09-26-2014 04:27 AM
    It wouldn't interfere obviously you guys have never used this feature on a surface before. And there are more people without camera buttons than with them.
    09-26-2014 04:30 AM
    The Surface doesn't have third party lock screen apps which is not obvious to you.

It would need an API change and please when people don't go your way don't make assumptions.

Sent from my Cherry Mobile Alpha Luxe
    09-26-2014 04:55 AM
    I prefer seeing the notifications.
    Sonu K likes this.
    09-26-2014 07:31 AM
    Can't you set camera on your action center? That's what I did even though I have a camera button on my 1520. It feels a bit faster to me. So it's swipe down, press button.
    Sonu K likes this.
    09-26-2014 10:00 AM
    It wouldn't interfere obviously you guys have never used this feature on a surface before. And there are more people without camera buttons than with them.
    Yeah, that's why the action center has the camera option. Interesting feature request, but not one I see the need to add. Now, if they were to say add 4-5 customizable buttons to the bottom of the Lock Screen, for quick opening of apps (for me, Camera and WPCentral would be two of mine), that would be interesting. ;)
    09-26-2014 10:05 AM
    It has nothing to do with having lock screen APIs. literally you swipe down on the lockscreen and the camera opens. If you havent tried it on a surface do so before commenting. It is very fast and fluid and much better then using a toggle.
    realwarder likes this.
    09-26-2014 12:08 PM
    That's almost the same as what we have already: swipe down then press camera. It's just 1 extra step.
    09-26-2014 12:59 PM
    It has nothing to do with having lock screen APIs. literally you swipe down on the lockscreen and the camera opens. If you havent tried it on a surface do so before commenting. It is very fast and fluid and much better then using a toggle.
    I have my Surface RT right beside me. I know the feature you're speaking of, and I don't agree that it's "much better than* using a toggle." Sorry, sir.
    09-26-2014 01:03 PM
    Well it will probably make its way over as they converge the operating systems. Not sure why you guys are so against this. Definitely better to only have one step then two.
    09-26-2014 01:11 PM

I have two Surface tablets and I know what you're talking about and that's why I said one can do it right now with Windows phone via the action center. If you haven't tried, you should.
    Sonu K likes this.
    09-26-2014 09:30 PM
    I have two Surface tablets and I know what you're talking about and that's why I said one can do it right now with Windows phone via the action center. If you haven't tried, you should.
    You have to swipe down and tap toggle rather than the swiping just bringing you into the camera. The point here is that Microsoft needs a little more consistency across its platforms. And one step is better than two.
    realwarder likes this.
    09-26-2014 10:57 PM
    You have to swipe down and tap toggle rather than the swiping just bringing you into the camera. The point here is that Microsoft needs a little more consistency across its platforms. And one step is better than two.
    The Windows phone experience is more consistent. You should know the inconsistencies with the Windows 8 implementation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-27-2014 03:00 AM
    No all of their operating systems need to be consistent with eachother
    stilo602 likes this.
    09-27-2014 03:30 AM
    So, we should give up the notifications to get the camera?
    09-27-2014 08:56 AM
    can we just swipe left a la kids corner?
    09-27-2014 09:01 AM
    You wouldn't give up on notifications because you are swiping down on the lock screen not from the top bezel down. It would allow you to take a picture while your phone would still be locked like in Windows 8. I agree fully with Trevor.
    Trevor Wolfe, Sonu K and xandros9 like this.
    09-27-2014 09:18 AM
    Well it will probably make its way over as they converge the operating systems. Not sure why you guys are so against this. Definitely better to only have one step then two.
    I have a Surface RT, and W3 tablet and don't use either camera. I take pics with my 1020. And it does have a one step launch from lock screen or resting.........press and hold the camera button.

I do believe 95% of Windows Phones have a Camera button....every Lumia does. Just off the top of my head I can not think of one model that is missing a camera button, but I am not an expert.
    09-27-2014 11:12 AM
    I have a Surface RT, and W3 tablet and don't use either camera. I take pics with my 1020. And it does have a one step launch from lock screen or resting.........press and hold the camera button.

I do believe 95% of Windows Phones have a Camera button....every Lumia does. Just off the top of my head I can not think of one model that is missing a camera button, but I am not an expert.
    Since the 8.1 requirements did away with the key requirement, its since vanished from some models. Namely the HTC One (M8) for Windows, which never had one anyway, the lower cost Lumia 530, 63x, and 73x and the Samsung ATIV SE
    09-27-2014 11:54 AM
    Finally some people who understand!
    09-27-2014 01:08 PM
    Finally some people who understand!
    Swiping up would be copying iPhones and you know have Apple like to sue.... Swiping left cannot be done because that's for kids corner. Swiping right would confuse a lot of iPhone converts since because that's the direction they swipe to unlock. Swiping down the show the action centre and tapping the camera icon is intuitive enough and consistent enough with windows 8. I don't understand this complaint because on both platforms you swipe up to unlock and swipe down to access the camera(in some sort) isn't the lock screen consistent enough?
    09-27-2014 01:22 PM
    I have to agree with Trevor. All of you are making a fuss for a perfectely good function that although not very significant, would allow more continuity in the Microsoft ecosystem.
    Trevor Wolfe likes this.
    09-27-2014 01:33 PM
45 12