Can Messaging (texts) Volume be set louder than 10 in WP 8.1?

Dave Schless

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I have a problem hearing the messaging (texts) app when the phone is in my pocket, even when the volume is set to 10. There is a checkbox on the settings screen that makes the PHONE ring more loudly when it is in a pocket or purse, but it does not increase the volume on the messaging (texts) app when in a pocket...adding to the fact that the phone only vibrates once with an incoming message, I have missed multiple messages in the 2 weeks I've owned the phone...Is there any way to increase the messaging volume? And also to make the phone vibrate multiple times instead of once?

Dave Schless

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Settings---attentive phone---there are 4 choices regarding ringtones, but they only adjust the PHONE settings. There should be an inclusion for messaging apps too.

Dave Schless

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I have an HTC One (M8) on Verizon. This is my first Windows Phone, I would have expected the OS and internal Apps would be the same across the board.

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
One possible solution is to create a custom text tone and make its volume level really high. For mine I took a train whistle off a video and did that. I don't miss any texts now 😊

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I have an HTC One (M8) on Verizon. This is my first Windows Phone, I would have expected the OS and internal Apps would be the same across the board.

They used to be on Windows Phone 8, but people complained haha. Go figure,, huh.

This may be a bit off topic, but have you tried facing the phone outward while it is in your pocket? That way, the speakers aren't facing your legs.

Dave Schless

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Unbelievably, yes, I have tried facing the speakers out. Doesn't help much. And I'm still wearing shorts most of the time, when jeans season comes I will never be able to hear it. Yet anything that runs out of a downloaded app is so loud through the Boom Sound speakers I actually have to turn it down, that volume goes to 30...short-sighted-ness on Microsoft's part in my opinion.

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
There are a number of ways to make a custom tone. You need to start with an mp3 of the sound you want, then in this case use a music editor to increase its volume, then trim it to just the section you want. Then you can load it into the phone's ringtones and you're all set.
I don't know if you're able to load it but there's an ex-Nokia app called Ringtone Maker that lets you grab sections of music and puts them into your ringtones automatically. You pick a song from your music library.

For the full process when I did it I used Roxio to extract the mp3 from a video clip, then I used Audacity to boost its volume.

Hope that helps 😊

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss