How enable phone cover settings on WP8.1 GDR1?

anon9108338

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi everybody.

Today, I received on my Lumia 930 the update 1 (The gdr1) of windows phone 8.1.
I read on WPCentral, when the update was in preview, with that update if we close the case the device is locked and when we open the case the device is unlocked and we start on the starscreen. But in parameters, i can't find the setting auto unlock.
So I googled "auto unlock cover windows phone 8.1" and i found this link [ I can't publish the link because i'm new; this is the 2nd link dev.windowsphone and the name Active phone cover settings]. But, unfortunately, i'm not a developper and i don't understand to enable this option.
Could you help me please?

anon9108338

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I have two cover for my L930: the official from the MS Store and an other bought in a mobile shop, with magnetics. Now how to wake up or power off my screen without press on the button?

anon9108338

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I know the method of the double tap, but i don't want it even if it is useful.
I heard/read with WP8.1 GDR1 the device will be available to wake up or power off just in opening the cover or closing the cover, that option is running on Android devices. I found a MS link [first post] where they talk about it(the auto unlock cover), but i don't know how to use it.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I know the method of the double tap, but i don't want it even if it is useful.
I heard/read with WP8.1 GDR1 the device will be available to wake up or power off just in opening the cover or closing the cover, that option is running on Android devices. I found a MS link [first post] where they talk about it(the auto unlock cover), but i don't know how to use it.
I apologise,I don't own a 930 so I don't actually know. Perhaps you could ask a mod. Laura or Guytronic could help you out.

Tornado92

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Was this the link you're referring to?

If you mean the one like the HTC One M8 case, then unfortunately the answer is no because the Lumia 930 itself doesn't support the feature.

This feature was added to WP 8.1 GDR1 so that the HTC One M8 could work just like the HTC One M8 with Android.

Currently the HTC One M8 is the only windows phone that support this feature.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon