8.1.1 and Battery Life

ayejay0601

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
On 1020 with Cyan. Updated to 8.1.1 Developers preview.

I know its just a preview but I find it buggy and most importantly, my battery life has dropped to half. I noticed that the developers preview always have bad battery life but then when the final version comes out, they usually fix it.

Anyway, I would like to downgrade back to 8.1 Anyone know how?

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Install Nokia software updater and update your phone it'll down grade (you need to be familiar with the buttons you need to press to get into FW update mode.
Beware as it'll delete all personal data.

Here's a couple of things you can try to reduce battery usage, DO NOT CONNECT FACEBOOK, reduce your background processes to 5 apps (choose them wisely).
Disable Cortana or at least don't pin its Tile which I a known offender to battery life.
Don't have more than 12 tiles on your homescreen.
If you want to truly understand where the battery drain is, you can start by unpinning all your tiles whilst keeping only the phone tile, if this improved things you can understand your problem and you can start picking your live tiles more wisely.

itsJuicy

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
try to reset the phone to factory settings.
It will remain on 8.1.1 and it might solve the battery drain.
Alternatively go to battery saver and check what apps are using the most battery.

zapppa83

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Install Nokia software updater and update your phone it'll down grade (you need to be familiar with the buttons you need to press to get into FW update mode.

Here's a couple of things you can try to reduce battery usage, DO NOT CONNECT FACEBOOK, reduce your background processes to 5 apps (choose them wisely).
Disable Cortana or at least don't pin its Tile which I a known offender to battery life.
If you want to truly understand where the battery drain is, you can start by unpinning all your tiles whilst keeping only the phone tile, if this improved things you can understand your problem and you can start picking your live tiles more wisely.
don't have a smartphone...

Bodeanicus

Banned
Sep 14, 2014
Visit site

No one should have to do any of that with the official release/firmware. I think ATT rushed a little bit to be first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss