Why did my SD card format after I updated my phone?

MasterGeekMX

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
After updating the SDcard was formatted

I have my phon with the developer preview, and today in the morning a new update poped out, so I proceed to install it .Huge deal, after installing it needed to update 19 apps, mostly system ones. But when Finally all fnished installing, I went to Music to test everything, but at the time of hitting play shows me "currently this songs can't be played", so wen to storage sensor, and shows that my memory was emplty, like if I formatted it. The weirdest part is that the same with phone files such as documents, ringtones and some vids, but all the apps, configs and other stuff was normal, even screensaver, start background and some custom images was intact.

I'm a bit worried by the photos (not much at all), and the docs. The music is safe in my PC, but ths drives me crazy.

Oh, and I remember that before installing the update while it was dowloding, I was playing some music via bluetooth speaker, then suddenly stopped due the music app crashed.

Update: wile I was writing this a popup message appeared showing "cannot read the SD card, maybe is not formatted or in an unidentified filesystem"

BTW; its a Lumia 620

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss