NFC Windows Pay?

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
So I just read about Apple's on phone pray system. It looks great. Where is this for WP? I thought we were suppose to have this feature in WP8.1? Maybe 10?

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Why ask for something that WP already has? Go to settings look for NFC and you'll see the "Tap to pay" set to Off, 'pay for things by tapping your phone to a participating store's NFC reader'. You must have a payment SIM for this to work.

So again because APPLE says it's so doesn't mean it's so ok. Apple doesn't invent, they borrow/steal etc and then modify.

Idiosyncrasy

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Why ask for something that WP already has? Go to settings look for NFC and you'll see the "Tap to pay" set to Off, 'pay for things by tapping your phone to a participating store's NFC reader'. You must have a payment SIM for this to work.

You actually need more than just the Payment SIM to make this work. The Wallet app doesn't have the required logic to handle the payment processing on it's own and was decoupled in favor of allowing third parties handle the payment process. Softcard (formerly ISIS) is the only known compnay that is working to support NFC Tap-to-Pay for Windows Phone devices, but they have been saying that it's 'Coming Soon' for over a year. There are plenty of other posts in the forums about the ISIS/Softcard app and the NFC Tap-to-Pay requirements if you're looking for more info.

But, as it stands now the Wallet app alone is NOT enough to use any of the NFC terminals, even with a secure SIM

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

So again because APPLE says it's so doesn't mean it's so ok. Apple doesn't invent, they borrow/steal etc and then modify.
What are you taking about? Can you use wallet for payment? Most of us can't... That's the point. It's not just about having the app or even the secure SIM. Something is wrong which is why the vast majority of us can't use it. Smh

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Typically, Apple has released a 'wonderful feature' that will take years to become really useful (if ever), but everyone will jump on the bandwagon.

kiddori

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I used Google Wallet on my Nexus 4 and thought it was great. Less is more....love to not carry my credit card. So there is currently nothing like this working on WP 8.1?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Someone could easily make an app for it, but it's a bad idea to let your phone be payment. Someone steals it and you're done

Not unless they have your fingerprint (Apple) or know your PIN code (Google). Both have security measures in place. I'm sure Microsoft will too when tap to pay is implemented.

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Not unless they have your fingerprint (Apple) or know your PIN code (Google). Both have security measures in place. I'm sure Microsoft will too when tap to pay is implemented.
Wallet on WP 8.1 has a pin already to secure your info, just really lacks implementation.

kiddori

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I don't really care if it has a pin or not. I just want it to work. Any word on if they are further developing it? I would think/hope so now that Apple Pay is getting all the attention.

Is ISIS/Softcard available for WP?

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
NFC payments are coming to the UK via Zapp which apparently has Wallet integration on Windows Phone and is supported by the major banks and retailers.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Apple is making NFC payment sound unique to iPhone but as they push retailers to accept Apple Pay perhaps it will help push through a working relationship with retailers, Softcard and Windows Phone. I really want this feature. Next we need to have driver's license on phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes