How can I get Windows Phone 8.1 on my Huawei Ascend W1 at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefan Di

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
If i do this:

N_LaRUE
I found this - Tutorial: Jailbreak Windows Phone 8 or Install Windows Phone 8.1 on Huawei Ascend W1 | Sonstige Windows Phone 8 Smartphones | ForumDas Windows Phone Magazin - WParea.de
Hopefully that helps you.

What will be the difference between my phone and a phone with the official update?

DieFrische

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Ich gehe mal davon aus das du Deutscher bist, es wird kein Offizielles Update von Huawei auf Wp 8.1 geben.
Die einzige M?glichkeit ist die Developer Preview, womit du das Update 8.1 bekommst.

Einfach registrieren, kostet auch nichts, muss nat?rlich die Outlook Mail sein, auf das dein Handy gemeldet ist

Und dann die Developer Preview App auf dem Handy Installieren

Anmelden, das H?kchen machen, dann r?ber in die Updates auf suchen Klicken und 8.1 wird runtergeladen

Fall du dies schon gemacht hast, und das Problem ein anderes ist kenne ich keine andere L?sungsm?glichkeit. Das sind die Vorteile von den Lumias, dieser gute Support

Und unterschiede wird es keine geben, da auf dem Huawei Stock Windows Phone 8 l?uft und die Preview auch pures Windows Phone 8.1 ist

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Ich gehe mal davon aus das du Deutscher bist, es wird kein Offizielles Update von Huawei auf Wp 8.1 geben.
Die einzige M?glichkeit ist die Developer Preview, womit du das Update 8.1 bekommst.

Einfach registrieren, kostet auch nichts, muss nat?rlich die Outlook Mail sein, auf das dein Handy gemeldet ist

Und dann die Developer Preview App auf dem Handy Installieren

Anmelden, das H?kchen machen, dann r?ber in die Updates auf suchen Klicken und 8.1 wird runtergeladen

Fall du dies schon gemacht hast, und das Problem ein anderes ist kenne ich keine andere L?sungsm?glichkeit. Das sind die Vorteile von den Lumias, dieser gute Support

Und unterschiede wird es keine geben, da auf dem Huawei Stock Windows Phone 8 l?uft und die Preview auch pures Windows Phone 8.1 ist

English translation:
I'm going away from that you're German, it is To give no official update by Huawei on WP 8.1. The only way is the developer preview, which you can get the update 8.1. Simply register, nothing, costs must be Of course the Outlook mail on your mobile phone is logged and then the developer preview app on the mobile register, uncheck make install, then over to the updates to, click search and 8.1 is downloaded case you already did this, and the problem is another one I know no other way of solution. Which are the advantages of the Lumias, this good support and differences it is To give not because on the Huawei runs stock Windows phone 8 and the preview is also pure Windows phone 8.1

Smiggyy

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
You asked this same question earlier in the day.
I have a Huawei Ascend W1 and had no problem upgrading to 8.1 via the DP app?
Try unticking the box to remove yourself from DP program, remove the DP app, reboot device then re-install it.
Tick the box to re-enroll and once complete check again for updates.
I've recently received the 8.1.1 update and all fine apart from the known MicroSD problem which is a firmware issue and sadly will probably never be fixed as Huawei has ended their interest in the WP platform.

My Huawei Ascend W1 is now bang up to date with Windows releases.
OS version: 8.10.14176.243

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos