10-09-2014 08:51 PM
83 1234
tools
    Not as effective as actually going to Microsoft's official uservoice site for Windows Phone, etc.
    Exactly! Although an MS employee or two do occasionally wander into these forums, the majority of them are over on MS' support site. If you have a real issue, you are likely better off over there.

On the other hand, the overwhelming majority of issues are educational, not technical, so the community has plenty to do here too ;-)
    10-04-2014 12:39 PM
    Yes I have to admit those images are blurry, but when using bing images I usually get the best images possible. Try using UC browser instead and tweaking the settings
    10-04-2014 04:37 PM
    To summarize: "I signed up for a beta version of an OS, and now it's the creator's fault that it's imperfect in a pre-release version, and I'm going to compare the stability of this pre-release OS to that of a launch-day version of the most closed-down, simplistic OS around."

Meanwhile, the first update to iOS 8 made it so some users couldn't get cell service.

Adios, take the butthurt with you. I'm so tired of these whiny threads, especially about something so obvious. The unfinished OS is obviously going to have issues. If you couldn't tolerate bugs, then you shouldn't have signed up for it.
    10-04-2014 11:47 PM
    You meant like how Google treated other browser agent with old UI and their own browser as modern one?
    I'm sorry but this's Google's action to determine what to do with browser agent:

See how a single browser agent can affect webpage? Just change a little agent string in browser and fake it as other browser.
    Here's what it display on Android devices with its agent, see how its UI is different from your images?

Pretty clear eh? I guess this's your friend's phone's results.
    Woot, just like desktop/laptop layout without others images above or below. So don't tell this's the desktop/laptop layout, cause it isn't.

And here's what it displays on iPhone 4 (and WP8 I suspect) browser agent.

Well well well, isn't this the same layout with your images? Coincidence?

That version look like an enlarged layout from this pretty old one from WP7.

To emphasize this, I even use Chrome for this test.

Of course Microsoft or Apple can change their agent to get good result from Google images, but then that won't be good in long run to keep the "racist" in browser agent like what Google's doing right now.
    Should you keep bashing Microsoft because of this? Well, depend on your opinion, I just give your information. IMO, that's Google who should be blamed. You don't want someone to get a pretty dresses from your own store, you prevented them and sold them only ugly clothes, then you complain that they've made your store look bad because their clothes are ugly, so logical. The hatred toward IE was strong for years, and hating it is "cool" by internet in the end :3

I support whatever platform I like and to whoever I think is doing the right things compare to other companies :) And of course in this case, I won't stop supporting a platform just because the racist treatment from other competitors, especially the one that keep refusing to compete. At least I can get best result from Bing without going through someone else.

P.S: Of course I didn't have any crash issue with IE, may be my luck is huge.
    10-05-2014 12:14 AM
    Well I do agree with IE crash.

That is why I use Opera Mini.
    Despite being in beta, it crashes less than IE.
    And also consume less battery compare to any browser in WP store.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    10-05-2014 12:26 AM
    To summarize: "I signed up for a beta version of an OS, and now it's the creator's fault that it's imperfect in a pre-release version, and I'm going to compare the stability of this pre-release OS to that of a launch-day version of the most closed-down, simplistic OS around."

Meanwhile, the first update to iOS 8 made it so some users couldn't get cell service.

Adios, take the butthurt with you. I'm so tired of these whiny threads, especially about something so obvious. The unfinished OS is obviously going to have issues. If you couldn't tolerate bugs, then you shouldn't have signed up for it.
    I don't have the beta version of the os I actually have a Lumia 630 which has wp8.1 out of the box so not a beta as far as I know
    10-05-2014 01:28 AM
    I respect the windows phone and its hard working devs hell i respect all the devs out there but i dont see windows phones going anywhere something as basic as browsing IE11 crashes and all the image qualities are bad . If you were in my shoes you will be really angry
    but you arent clicking on view full image and bing offers better quality
    IE11 isnt perfect but it isnt as bad as people show it to be
    10-05-2014 01:30 AM
    if u have actually wasted your time to read the thread you would know that google images I not the only site that gives me bad quality pictures
    10-05-2014 01:32 AM
    I wonder if some web applications may be reducing image quality automatically if they detect a mobile browser that is neither iOS or Chrome. Anybody know?
    its possible because bing doesnt have this "problem" in IE11
    i think google is "throttling" IE11,just like blocking ms's youtube app and blocking using google maps via IE11
    10-05-2014 01:34 AM
    if u have actually wasted your time to read the thread you would know that google images I not the only site that gives me bad quality pictures
    this only happens with google search in my experience,see above posts for more proof
    bing is better
    10-05-2014 01:39 AM
    I don't know about others, but my IE runs very well, even on my older wp7.8 phone. It never crashes. If someone has a serious problem of crashing, try soft/hard reset. It might be a hardware problem in the phone. Just because someone's IE crashes on their phone, they just can't curse IE in general.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    10-05-2014 01:43 AM
    IE11 on my phone crashes a lot it crashes when I want to open this thread it crashes too much it also crashes when I want to reply to a thread by a lot I mean a lot. The browsing experience is laggy and the image qualities is low and when I try to load a site in desktop view it crashes. Now tell me how bad that sounds
    10-05-2014 01:58 AM
    IE11 on my phone crashes a lot it crashes when I want to open this thread it crashes too much it also crashes when I want to reply to a thread by a lot I mean a lot. The browsing experience is laggy and the image qualities is low and when I try to load a site in desktop view it crashes. Now tell me how bad that sounds
    I already said try a hard/soft reset, if that doesn't fix it, go to nearest Nokia care centre
    10-05-2014 02:05 AM
    have tried a hard reset and I also have tried a soft reset and a factory reset and I tried nokia software recovery tool multiple times and still no luck
    10-05-2014 02:11 AM
    have tried a hard reset and I also have tried a soft reset and a factory reset and I tried nokia software recovery tool multiple times and still no luck
    Go to Nokia care, your phone is defective, you might get a new one if your phone's under warranty
    10-05-2014 02:13 AM
    yep because im typing this from my L720 IE11 and no such issues at all
    10-05-2014 02:48 AM
    what should i tell them my lumia phone is laggy?
    10-05-2014 03:03 AM
    Everything, whatever problems you are having tell them.
    Laura Knotek and Karthik Naik like this.
    10-05-2014 03:28 AM
    Just come to Nokia Care, open the IE and point them your problems then ask them to reflash your phone or do anything to stop em.
    Well, you paid them for a price with warranty and support, so don't waste it :D
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    10-05-2014 06:03 AM
    I'll be doing that thank you all for the help and support
    10-05-2014 06:59 AM
    Lol all you Guys should use the WP central app and taptatalk app. They are really good. Best app for these forums and you get notifications as soon as there is a new news article.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    10-05-2014 07:23 AM
    i opened the page and waited a while for it to load fully and it was loaded and still the same bad resolution
    920/925 and now 1520 never had bad resolution issues... no even with DP installed in my 925
    10-05-2014 11:05 AM
    you have to click on the 'full size image' box at the top to get the full res image. It'll open a new tab WITH the full size picture in it. The search results will only show the low res. Clicking on the image itself does nothing to the resolution, again you have to click on the 'full size image' box on the top. It'll open a NEW tab with JUST the image at full size.

BTW if your IE keeps crashing there is something screwy with the phone or something cuz there should not be any reason why its crashing that constantly.

Mine crashed before but very rarely does it even happen.
    10-05-2014 11:02 PM
    Venting on these forums is exactly what is needed. How do you think the average consumer gets information about products? By reviews and listening to other people's experiences that's how. If people only posted positive experiences it wouldn't be very accurate would it? Furthermore if you don't like the topic how about you NOT respond instead of telling the OP to stop complaining. You chose to read his rant. I like to hear complaints about the products I am going to buy. If I had done more research and listened to Windows Phone complaints I wouldn't have bought the lumia 920 which I am regretting now. For me personally, the experience with WP has been the pits. I plan to go back to android or ios asap. Too many problems, horrible apps and not enough perks to make me want to stay. I try not to be a die hard fan of any OS but Windows phone is LACKING.
    fadi dababneh1 likes this.
    10-08-2014 05:24 PM
    I would love to hear your complaints on the phone...920...that is bad for you?
    10-08-2014 05:27 PM
83 1234