I cant stand this anymore

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Very sorry to hear that your Nokia hardware and Microsoft software are taunting and conspiring against you! There are other browsers you could try, like Maxthon or UC Browser or even Opera Mini, which, even if it doesn't cure every website you visit, every bit of flash you encounter, so that it all displays flawlessly, may be enough to send you back into the welcoming arms of IOS. There are at least 4 choices -- WP, IOS, Android and BB10. So it makes sense that you would prefer one over the others. Boldly go and make your personal choice! But not one of the options do everything better than all the rest, It is possible that once you are safely back with IOS, you will continue to have twinges when you use some app that runs better on Android or even some overlooked feature of WP that you have taken for granted. I do not share your view that WP is app-poor or that other browsers do not also encounter lousy or buggy websites, or especially that Microsoft is not working on continual improvement. That is simply not the case. 8.1 and Cyan have been big improvements. 10 is coming as well. I have had more than 250 WP apps. I have everything I currently need on a phone. I get a pretty steady stream of app updates that are all in the good-to-better direction. I don't know but you must have a peculiar set of apps, that your developers work to put out updates that make their apps worse. That does not seem good.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm not being childish I'm just saying that this should not be acceptable by Microsoft that their phones are causing such issues these are the things that make u regret buying a windows phone. Man its 2014 and this cant be happening if they want to go against phones like samsung and iphone. I should be given a great experience so that I could stick with the os and advice others to use it. My internet browsing experience is just awful. Well you could wait for windows 10 but don't come back and realise that Microsoft didn't change sh*t .

It's simple, if you don't like the experience, leave. Venting on here isn't going to change anything. I personally have a pretty solid browsing experience on my Windows Phone. I like the UI, I like being able to pin websites to my start screen. I like that my browser doesn't use 40% of the screen with the UI like Safari does on iOS. And for the most part the websites render well.

Each OS has it's particular issues. I use iOS and frequently at work and it drives me nuts. But I don't go on iMore forums ******** about it all day. I simply don't buy the product.

You "shouldn't" have to buy a new phone every 6 months to get the newest version of Android, but you do. It's just the nature of the platform.

Everyone on this forum has known for years that WP has it's issues and short falls. But the good things about it are enough to keep us on board until MS catches up. They've done a great job with 8.1+ getting it close to on par with others. And Windows 10 will be a massive boost. Just think of all the features in Windows RT that will then be in phones next year.

At the end of the day, don't like it, don't buy it. Move on. ******** on this forum is not changing anything. Just wasting your time. You're not going to change anyone's mind with your rants. Those of us who want WP, will keep it regardless of your rants. I've been with WP since day one of 7.0, I'm never switching.

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I think venting on these forums is exactly what is needed. Especially since we know some of the Windows team does browse these boards. Let your voice be heard or these situations won't change.

latempete

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
So why do the exact same logo looks good on UC browser ? I really don't get it :/

Is Data Sense off in both places? It's under 'settings -> data sense' and under ' settings-> applications-> internet explorer'. Under internet explorer it is specifically for images. I believe it only works with IE because the data has to go through Microsoft's servers to be compressed. That's why UC Browser and others would be full res.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft has confirmed a 36 month support cycle for all WP8 devices, though.

Which means that the 8/920 will be eligible for all updates until November 2015, the 620 will be eligible for updates until February 2016, and so on.

When oh when will the WP community finally realize that the support cycle has absolutely nothing to do with being "eligible for updates".

Being eligible for support means that, for a price, support staff will be available to help (usually only of importance to corporations, not individual consumers). It doesn't mean MS engineers will work to update your OS during the entire support cycle.

WP7 was within its support cycle up until last month! However, WP7 hasn't received an update in years.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if some web applications may be reducing image quality automatically if they detect a mobile browser that is neither iOS or Chrome. Anybody know?

Mr French

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Is Data Sense off in both places? It's under 'settings -> data sense' and under ' settings-> applications-> internet explorer'. Under internet explorer it is specifically for images. I believe it only works with IE because the data has to go through Microsoft's servers to be compressed. That's why UC Browser and others would be full res.

Unfortunately yes I disabled data sense and nothing seems to change about that issue... That's actually the main reason of why I use UC browser instead of IE11, and I regret it because IE11 is really nice !
Does everyone have this little problem or only some people have it?

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I think venting on these forums is exactly what is needed. Especially since we know some of the Windows team does browse these boards. Let your voice be heard or these situations won't change.

Not as effective as actually going to Microsoft's official uservoice site for Windows Phone, etc.

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Long story made short.

WP platform is lacking overall. Been discussed in here tons of times. I agree on IE being a terrible browser and on Microsoft being slow.
However, if you are on a DP version (as i am) it's not that you're not allowed to vent your frustration (as i did in here tons of times), but while you do it, also inform Microsoft of it through appropriate channels. Chance is huge numbers of users reporting frustration may change things. DP is a test version and we are guinea pigs, volunteers.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Not as effective as actually going to Microsoft's official uservoice site for Windows Phone, etc.

Exactly! Although an MS employee or two do occasionally wander into these forums, the majority of them are over on MS' support site. If you have a real issue, you are likely better off over there.

On the other hand, the overwhelming majority of issues are educational, not technical, so the community has plenty to do here too ;-)

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes I have to admit those images are blurry, but when using bing images I usually get the best images possible. Try using UC browser instead and tweaking the settings

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
To summarize: "I signed up for a beta version of an OS, and now it's the creator's fault that it's imperfect in a pre-release version, and I'm going to compare the stability of this pre-release OS to that of a launch-day version of the most closed-down, simplistic OS around."

Meanwhile, the first update to iOS 8 made it so some users couldn't get cell service.

Adios, take the butthurt with you. I'm so tired of these whiny threads, especially about something so obvious. The unfinished OS is obviously going to have issues. If you couldn't tolerate bugs, then you shouldn't have signed up for it.

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
You meant like how Google treated other browser agent with old UI and their own browser as modern one?
I'm sorry but this's Google's action to determine what to do with browser agent:

See how a single browser agent can affect webpage? Just change a little agent string in browser and fake it as other browser.
Here's what it display on Android devices with its agent, see how its UI is different from your images?
15257126670_aba0233820_z.jpg

Pretty clear eh? I guess this's your friend's phone's results.
Woot, just like desktop/laptop layout without others images above or below. So don't tell this's the desktop/laptop layout, cause it isn't.

And here's what it displays on iPhone 4 (and WP8 I suspect) browser agent.
15440652281_2db6bd79ae_z.jpg

Well well well, isn't this the same layout with your images? Coincidence?

That version look like an enlarged layout from this pretty old one from WP7.
15443484942_85d79f4464_z.jpg

To emphasize this, I even use Chrome for this test.

Of course Microsoft or Apple can change their agent to get good result from Google images, but then that won't be good in long run to keep the "racist" in browser agent like what Google's doing right now.
Should you keep bashing Microsoft because of this? Well, depend on your opinion, I just give your information. IMO, that's Google who should be blamed. You don't want someone to get a pretty dresses from your own store, you prevented them and sold them only ugly clothes, then you complain that they've made your store look bad because their clothes are ugly, so logical. The hatred toward IE was strong for years, and hating it is "cool" by internet in the end :3

I support whatever platform I like and to whoever I think is doing the right things compare to other companies :) And of course in this case, I won't stop supporting a platform just because the racist treatment from other competitors, especially the one that keep refusing to compete. At least I can get best result from Bing without going through someone else.

P.S: Of course I didn't have any crash issue with IE, may be my luck is huge.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Well I do agree with IE crash.

That is why I use Opera Mini.
Despite being in beta, it crashes less than IE.
And also consume less battery compare to any browser in WP store.

fadi dababneh1

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
To summarize: "I signed up for a beta version of an OS, and now it's the creator's fault that it's imperfect in a pre-release version, and I'm going to compare the stability of this pre-release OS to that of a launch-day version of the most closed-down, simplistic OS around."

Meanwhile, the first update to iOS 8 made it so some users couldn't get cell service.

Adios, take the butthurt with you. I'm so tired of these whiny threads, especially about something so obvious. The unfinished OS is obviously going to have issues. If you couldn't tolerate bugs, then you shouldn't have signed up for it.

I don't have the beta version of the os I actually have a Lumia 630 which has wp8.1 out of the box so not a beta as far as I know

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I respect the windows phone and its hard working devs hell i respect all the devs out there but i dont see windows phones going anywhere something as basic as browsing IE11 crashes and all the image qualities are bad . If you were in my shoes you will be really angry

but you arent clicking on view full image and bing offers better quality
IE11 isnt perfect but it isnt as bad as people show it to be

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if some web applications may be reducing image quality automatically if they detect a mobile browser that is neither iOS or Chrome. Anybody know?

its possible because bing doesnt have this "problem" in IE11
i think google is "throttling" IE11,just like blocking ms's youtube app and blocking using google maps via IE11

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb