I cant stand this anymore

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I don't know about others, but my IE runs very well, even on my older wp7.8 phone. It never crashes. If someone has a serious problem of crashing, try soft/hard reset. It might be a hardware problem in the phone. Just because someone's IE crashes on their phone, they just can't curse IE in general.

fadi dababneh1

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
IE11 on my phone crashes a lot it crashes when I want to open this thread it crashes too much it also crashes when I want to reply to a thread by a lot I mean a lot. The browsing experience is laggy and the image qualities is low and when I try to load a site in desktop view it crashes. Now tell me how bad that sounds

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
IE11 on my phone crashes a lot it crashes when I want to open this thread it crashes too much it also crashes when I want to reply to a thread by a lot I mean a lot. The browsing experience is laggy and the image qualities is low and when I try to load a site in desktop view it crashes. Now tell me how bad that sounds

I already said try a hard/soft reset, if that doesn't fix it, go to nearest Nokia care centre

fadi dababneh1

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
have tried a hard reset and I also have tried a soft reset and a factory reset and I tried nokia software recovery tool multiple times and still no luck

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Lol all you Guys should use the WP central app and taptatalk app. They are really good. Best app for these forums and you get notifications as soon as there is a new news article.

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

you have to click on the 'full size image' box at the top to get the full res image. It'll open a new tab WITH the full size picture in it. The search results will only show the low res. Clicking on the image itself does nothing to the resolution, again you have to click on the 'full size image' box on the top. It'll open a NEW tab with JUST the image at full size.

BTW if your IE keeps crashing there is something screwy with the phone or something cuz there should not be any reason why its crashing that constantly.

Mine crashed before but very rarely does it even happen.

Ejai Eghwofobe

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Venting on these forums is exactly what is needed. How do you think the average consumer gets information about products? By reviews and listening to other people's experiences that's how. If people only posted positive experiences it wouldn't be very accurate would it? Furthermore if you don't like the topic how about you NOT respond instead of telling the OP to stop complaining. You chose to read his rant. I like to hear complaints about the products I am going to buy. If I had done more research and listened to Windows Phone complaints I wouldn't have bought the lumia 920 which I am regretting now. For me personally, the experience with WP has been the pits. I plan to go back to android or ios asap. Too many problems, horrible apps and not enough perks to make me want to stay. I try not to be a die hard fan of any OS but Windows phone is LACKING.

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
have you met Bing :p :D

dude respect windows phone,its made by hard working devs and fan support
ill never go to apples walled gardens or androids open world adventure again
windows phone is balanced

So true! Apple is so limited in customization and android is too much, I can never be satisfied with placement of apps. Windows phone is perfect. Haven't gone back and dint intend on it.

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Only real issue I had was with YouTube.com on internet 11. It would either say cannot be decoded and crash or it would just straight up crash. I switch to at&t and haven't had that issue since. I'm genuinely happy 😊

fadi dababneh1

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
why download this app when you could the official youtube app that was pulled follow this tutorial to get the youtube app :
So here is the tutorial of how to download the official youtube app that was pulled by Google :
1-First of all you need to download :
(a) Windows phone SDK 8.1 there is a full version of it on microsoft site it offers you all the apps but we dont need all the apps so there is a lite version for the Windows phone SDK 8.1 which contains the apps needed you can download it HERE this is for windows phones with wp8.1
2- Now we need to have a developer account these are the steps to turn your account to a developer account :
(A) Register as a developer with App Studio it is free (Windows App Studio - Create free apps for Windows Phone, Surface tablets and PCs | Microsoft) we register by clicking the start new project.
(B) Sign-in with the same Microsoft account that is registered on the Windows Phone
(C)Agree to the access request
(D) Agree to the Windows Phone App Studio Agreement.
(E)Click Register
(F) you should be prompted with a request to select a template for your first application
(G) Press empty app and then click create
(H) Press the finish button then click generate and then they would ask you what do u want to generate you just leave it as it is and just press generate and wait till the process is over
When everything is over you now have a developer account

3- now extract the file WP8.1 SDK Tools Lite Setup Av1.00 to a folder and install it by opening InstallWP81SDKToolsLite.bat and let it install

4-now when the installation is over open windows phone developer registration and unlock your phone and press register make sure that your phone is not locked because it will not work . it will ask you to sign in so you used sign in with the email that you developer unlocked which should be the same email that you use on your phone. now you have a developer unlocked phone VERY IMPORTANT THAT DURING THIS PROCESS MAKE SURE THAT YOUR PHONE IS CONNECTED TO A WIFI NETWORK

5- now that you have a developer unlocked phone you can side load apps but you can only side load 2 apps by 2 apps i mean if you side load 2 app to your phone you cant side load anymore apps but when you uninstall one of the side loaded apps you can side load another app.

6- now download the youtube app HERE but make sure to donwload the nointrope (Youtube_NoInterop.xap ) version

7-now open windows phone application deployment and click browse and chose the youtube xap app you just downloaded make sure the target is set to device and click deploy

Here you go guys now you would have the youtube app on your phone . Have a wonderful time with it and feel free to ask me any questions.
Have a great day :D

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
One of the main reasons i left WP recently was due to the very buggy IE experience i was getting on Cyan/8.1 on my L1020. I had no specific image resolution issues, but the frequent crashes, freezing (requiring me to restart IE) and lack of support by many websites (maybe not MS's fault specifically but nonetheless hurts my experience) pushed me over the edge enough to move along and return in the future once WP is a much more supported platform from a browsing prospective.Yes there are other browsers available but to be honest i did not like their design, personal preference i guess.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro