Wp8.1/cyan/Lumia 920/820 Unresponsive touch screens.Virus??

v009

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi friends,
I have recently upgraded my Lumia 920 to wp8.1 cyan using recovery tool. Everything was working fine as usual.. Recently from few weeks I am noticing lag,my device hangs my touch screen becomes unresponsive but hardware touch button below works.. Some timemes screen flickers like it is hung... Then I need to lock it using hardware key and then unlock it then everything becomes normal. Similar issues found in my friends Lumia 820.
Kindly help me. If it is some kind of virus on my phone.. Or some Lumia cyan firmware issue with these phones Lumia 920.. This has become so frequent .. Now it pains.. And want to go back to smooth wp 8 with black firmware. Kindly help me and advise me in this regards. Thanks in advance.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
First, there is no way to get a virus on WP currently. I'm not saying it isn't possible but as things currently are, there is no viruses on WP.

So this leads me to believe that you could have an app that causing issues or the firmware that was installed was corrupt when it downloaded.

If you have a screen protector on this can sometimes cause issues as well as certain types of cases as they can touch the screen making it do funny things.

To go back to WP8 you would need to flash an older ROM for the phone. My suggestion to you is to the Nokia Software tool again. Be sure that your friend's computer is clean and that when you download and install nothing gets interrupted.

v009

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Just to update, before this I was on developer preview for 8.1 and was no issues running really smooth. But after updating from Nokia recovery tool and upgrading to cyan..hving issues.

v009

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Also after freshly reinstalling firmware from Nokia recovery to, everything was great for few weeks . Then slowly started unresponsive screen full of glitches.:angry:

Rakesh Rocky2

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I got Lumia 820 and had this issue... It's firm ware issue... A hard reset will m make it faster.. But still it won't be as fast as wp8

ArthJar

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Soft reset means you just simply press (on/off)+(volume down) buttons together for about fifteen seconds and the device reboots.
You won't lose any information.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Try to turn off glance screen and also remove the background image on tiles for couple of days and see if that stops. I had something similar with recent DP update and it resolved for me. However, it felt just wrong, so I went back to official Cyan.

v009

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
This one seems to be working. It seems it's issue with Windows phone 8.1
I am surprised that very few people noticed or and is Microsoft aware of this issue.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Never had a problem with 8.1/Cyan on my 920. Runs quick and smooth and no problems whatsoever.
You will find that it is one of your other installed apps which is causing the problems, it usually is. If you are using Cortana, then that will probably be it. It's not very good at all, even if it is beta. It's a gimmick which cause battery drain and problems. Just my opinion....

If not. then another app will be the problem (WhatsApp???? FB Messenger????)

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem, it happens when I'm playing music; I change the track, lock the phone and when I unlock it again the damn screen will not respond to touch. I have to soft reset the damn thing Weird but it has to be a software problem.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I notice this happening to my 1520 after updating to the latest glance. It's just a theory but it hasn't happened since I turned off the glance screen.

Are you guys running Glance and did you update to the new one?

v009

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Issue resolved for my L920 after disabling background wallpapers for tiles and disabling glance, but not not sure which one of the was culprit.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
My 1520 has done it since disabling glance but nowhere near as much. Perhaps I'll try the background wallpaper too.

It must be something in the firmware if both 920s and 1520s are experiencing it.

enomam

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I have this issue too - it mainly occurs when I use an app that requires lots of scrolling, mainly tweetium.
Have just disabled the background image, and will see how it goes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon