When will the WP 8.1 update 2 be available?

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: When the WP 8.1 update 2 will be available?

Everyone seems to be confused with GDR 1 and Denim. Denim is specific to Lumia phones. When MS says Denim it means WP8.1 GDR1 along with the required firmware clubbed together.
The firmware doesn't have to together. They are installed separately. Hence why (as WPC reported), 920s have gotten them

Dave47

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site

So many misbelievers. -.-

Amber, Black, Cyan and Denim are firmwares.

Windows Phone 8, 8 GDR1, 8 GDR2, 8 GDR3, 8.1, 8.1 Update 1 are all OS updates.

Firmware updates are Lumia exclusives, while everyone gets OS updates. However, they're not the same, only come out at the same time to make Lumia phones that much better.

Stop putting them in the same category, thank you.

I would change "misbelievers" to "non-readers". Otherwise - nice write-up.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Lumia 930 devices have received update 1 without denim

Sigh. Lumia 930 devices have received official update 1 without denim. Denim will come later

Not sure what is going on here :winktongue:.. as you quoted yourself lol.

In regards to Update 2 I'm guessing Microsoft will release the updates around mid October so not long now.

Susmit257

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

why you guys are so confused ?? WP8.1 update 1 is a OS update and denim is the lumia firmware update. MS may provide both of them together in future. and the name of this thread is WP8.1 update 2 which is about to come in coming weeks only to DP users who already have the update 1.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site

They said it was going to release tomorrow! But no any official announcement :( Any one knows the actual date?

You people are crazy. Microsoft never said this and no credible site said it, yet I've seen this crap in comments and on Twitter.

I am not sure how some of you vet stories in real life, but simply reading things "on the internet" is not the wisest methodology ;)

unnatixlr8

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

You people are crazy. Microsoft never said this and no credible site said it, yet I've seen this crap in comments and on Twitter.

I am not sure how some of you vet stories in real life, but simply reading things "on the internet" is not the wisest methodology ;)

Love to read your comments. /s

anon8855939

May 15, 2014
Visit site

You just broke my heart ♥.
Anyway, I just want denim firmware to release soon my phone just overheat

ame phirinyane

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site

thanks for the updates,I however want to know is there a way to control how frequent the phone checks for an update I fill it uses a lot of battery doing that,s even after latest update is a few minutes, it stil checks for an update

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

Verizon = when hell freezes over
AT&T = soon
T-Mobile = soon or when hell freezes over (toss a coin)
Sprint = what the heck is windows phone anyway

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

I heard from a guy that is roommate with a cousin of a girl who went to school with a guy who plays hockey who carpools with a girl that is in the same biology class who is the daughter of a guy that is the manager of a bakery who plays cards with...

Ebaneeezor

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site

I heard from a guy that is roommate with a cousin of a girl who went to school with a guy who plays hockey who carpools with a girl that is in the same biology class who is the daughter of a guy that is the manager of a bakery who plays cards with...

I know that dood! Jimmy Hoffa, right?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss